What is bump?

Options
VixFit2011
VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
I see this in the posts but don't know what it is.

Replies

• bindernagel3
    Options
    I am pretty sure Bump is when you hit a wall in a race or workout. No matter what you do your body will not allow you to go any further. Hope that helps.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    When a post starts getting old and slipping down the list of topics, it's common internet etiquette to simply type "bump" to push it back up to renew interest.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure Bump is when you hit a wall in a race or workout. No matter what you do your body will not allow you to go any further. Hope that helps.

LOL
    that's an interesting take on it, but what she means is when someone 'bumps' a thread

they post in it to add it to their list so they can go back and re-read it later and also bump it to the top of the list of threads. :)
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Also, if you see something that someone posted and you want to follow up with it again, you can just type bump, then go look in your profile area to recent posts by you and you can get back to it easier! Like for recipes and workout advice and things like that!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    "Bump" just means that it's been inactive for a while and people want to keep the conversation going, so they "bump" it back to the top of the list of new posts.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people use it in order to get a post into their own "My Topics" list, so they can refer to it later. You could simply type "Save to read later" or whatever you want, but "BUMP" is the short-hand version.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options

I've done that a lot LOL LOL! Sorry but that was cute. Thank you everyone! Sounds like a posting bump is a much easier way for me to look back at some of my posts.
  • lacybolton
    Options
    Thank you! I was also curious, but too shy to ask.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Bump:))
  • bindernagel3
    Options
    LOL now thats funny! I did just read about "Bump" in my triathalon training book! Bump is a real training term! But I see what you mean!!! Thanks everyone!