What's in Your basket?

Options
just came back from the grocery store and while I was in there, I carefully read labels making sure that I didn't place any junk in my basket, laughing at the labels that had low calorie on them and the carb count was through the roof. A lady in the store passed by me with her cart filled to the brim with every kind of junk food you could possibly buy, she of course was overweight and obviously unaware of what she was doing to her body, I just wanted to share this experience with my new friends here and leave this thought in your minds, Looking at everyone's success on here, I'm sure that your basket's are not filled with junk foods, but if you are struggling to reach your goals, just ask yourself......What's in my basket?

Replies

• bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    admittedly, there used to be boxes. Check the old photo of my in my profile for the results of that!!

Now it'sorganic fruits and vegetables, meats and whatever else I can get that is organic. A2 milk as my husband has a slight intolerance to milk, lots of Australian seafood (dont trust the asian imports!) and wholegrain cereal for desserts - why is cereal a breakfast food? I has so much SUGAR!!!

xx
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    LOL, i actually think it's quite sad how the food industry pulls the wool over everyone's eyes. almost every itme with 'low fat' has increased carbs due to added sugar. not all fat is bad & sometimes the savings isn't worth it. "Nature Valley" granola bar has hydrogenated oil!! i teach my kids that the more it looks like it did when it was harvested, plucked, grown or killed, the healther it is
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Nice post. We need that reminder every once in awhile!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Wow..fruits/veggies, chicken, some healthy snacks, frozen entrees that are reasonable, coffee stuff to get- cream, sweetner, tea..
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Love it! I had a similar experience today at the market...
    I had my re-usable bag made from recyclable material filled with skim milk, some rooibos tea, vitatops, fat free cottage cheese, and light wheat bread...I looked at the person being cashed out behind me and they were getting potato chips, white bread, steak, potatos, and ice cream. Made me feel really good that my treat were 100 calorie Vitatops and I avoided all the junk that shared the register with me :o)
  • sociable15
    Options
    We just went grocery shopping, actually. Our list looked something like:
    Organic chicken
    Frozen lima beans
    Frozen broccoli
    Bananas
    Baby red potatoes
    Whole wheat pita bread
    Whole wheat English muffins
    Steak rolls
    And 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches (my indulgence...)

When I have time, I make as much of our bread as I can but it's thesis season in my trying to graduate from grad school (2 weeks!!). I also belong to a CSA most of the year but missed the sign up for spring season because of the aforementioned grad school and haven't gotten there yet.