Easter damage!

Options
So I KNOW that most of us, get out of hand around those holiday meals, good times with friends family etc you lose track of how much you intake....Well I thought I did yesterday, I almost died when I got on the horrifying morning after holiday feast scale.....and it said that I GAINED 10LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crapola!!!!!!!!! I was like spazzing out......Then my cousin's gf comes home with a brand new scale that I was eyeballing, and well you know how it is when you get a new "toy" and theres kids around they want to try it out...well I got my turn on it eventually and it said I only gained 1lb!!!!!!!!!!!! Whew big sigh of relief......But I know that food weight and water/beer weight slllllloooooowwwwwwwwlllllllllyyyyyyyyy creeps....Sooo I'll keep pushing myself andddd hopefully Thursday/Friday weigh in WON'T be too bad.....*Crosses fingers*........

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Friday is my weigh in day, and I tend to only weigh myself once a week, unless I feel like I've had a naughty weekend, then I weigh on Monday to see where I'm at and to stay focussed. I decided to weigh in today and had gained 2 lbs, which I'm assuming is purely water weight. I didn't go over calories, fat, or anything other than sodium, plus I didn't drink enough water. I'm sure many of us will feel the damage of Easter but it's nothing a little time and effort can't fix!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    hahah I had a problem like that a while back. I weighed myself on carpet and it registered somewhere over 20 pounds what I should have weighed. I had to readjust my scale and put it on a flat surface and then I weighed again and breathed a sigh of relief!

Yay for the new scale!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you had a lot of sodium yesterday and is there a possibility you didn't drink much water? I gained some weight after a family bbq/birthday a few weeks back and the next day it was gone. Drink plenty of water and sweat it out. I'm sure it'll be gone soon. Also, are you coming up on TOM? that might have something to do it with it also.
  • teeygirl
    teeygirl Posts: 4
    Options
    The same happened to me yesterday. i had easter dinner with my bf's family and i found it hard to track how many calories i had,but when i got on the scale i had only gained 2 pounds which i was'nt too happy about.
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    LOL....Same thing happened to me 6lbs later....I know its water because I began my morning by literally peeing 3 times before I even had anything to drink...Still freaks me out! And probably won't be at negative anything by Wed. weigh in!! owell....one day at a time!! I did manage to make myself work out REALLY hard today as well...hopefully that can counteract some of it !!