OMG, MY 1st NSV!! OMG, OMG, OMG!!

Options
DeniseGdz
DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
OH MY GOODNESS!!

I know this may not be huge for some folks, but for little ole me who has NO :noway: upper body strength this is H-U-G-E!!
I did 60 "girly" push ups!! Sweating perfusly, shaking arms, heaving read face and everything!! I can't begin to share with you guys how estatic I am!! My trainer and I even did a little dance in the middle of the gym floor!! :drinker:

I don't care!!

I did it!!

**I DID IT** :drinker:

For everyone that struggles everyday, let me tell you it will pay off Hang in there guys!! :smooched:

Replies

• chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    AWESOME! congratulations!
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Enjoy your victory!
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I usually die after 20 so 60 is AMAZING!!!!!
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That great:happy:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    thank you so so much for that and congrats!!!!! extra happy dancing just for YOU! :love:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    there were a few times I almost passed out on the floor but I just kept telling myself 1 more 1 more....and kept going!!
    Thanks for letting me share, I knew you guys would understand my small victory!!

Next on the list to conquer: 1 pull up

LOL!!!
  • blottig
    blottig Posts: 16
    Options
    way to go! Got to celebrate EVERY victory!
  • Carolengler
    Options
    That's real great. No way I could do tht
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    way to go! Got to celebrate EVERY victory!

You know you are absoutely right!! It's rewarding being able to share and motivational to boot!! You guys are the best family I've every had!! :heart:
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up:happy:
  • WarriorJayne
    Options
    I just kept telling myself 1 more 1 more....and kept going!!

WONDERFUL!!! Remember this when your doing anything. just talk yourself into one more.. or five more... or just a few more minutes and before you know it you have annihilated a mile (or two...or THREE!) on a treadmill or pushups or what ever your working on. Keep at it hon your doing great!
  • GaMama37
    GaMama37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thats great congrats!! I was reading something Jillian Michaels wrote today.. a challenge on www.hundredpushups.com and I was gonna attempt , trying to do some..but haven't yet. I don't even know if I could do a real push up..lol
  • Deacjr
    Deacjr Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats! continue to push yourself, set a standard and look to increase it after a week of doing that number consistently 3 out of 7 days that week. Your body creates new physical expectations for itself and your muscles adjust while recovering. Even if you can't do the same number the following week, try completing it in sets building your endurance level.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's terrific! Surpassing our "limitations" is the goal! Woo hoo!!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Thats great congrats!! I was reading something Jillian Michaels wrote today.. a challenge on www.hundredpushups.com and I was gonna attempt , trying to do some..but haven't yet. I don't even know if I could do a real push up..lol

Oh really? I might have to check that out! And you SHOULD try it out...you might just surprise the ****ens out of yourself!
    Girly pushups or regular pushups - its all HARD work!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Your body creates new physical expectations for itself and your muscles adjust while recovering. Even if you can't do the same number the following week, try completing it in sets building your endurance level.

Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to do 60 again next week but I can definitely put them into sets and work on it that way! thanks for hte info!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    you go!! great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!