Salty n Sweet

Options
Ok, so how do I curve the salt cravings and the sweets?? Any great alternatives?!

Replies

• ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i personally love rice cakes for these cravings! i get the choclatey drizzle rice cakes 100 calorie pack- it is just enough to curb the sweet craving!
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Sweets - try Kelloggs Fiber Plus bars - yummy!!! or frozen fruit bars - Private Selection has a 30 calorie one.

Salty - I like a handfull of pretzels or some salted nuts.

Good luck!
  • lua0210
    lua0210 Posts: 7
    Options
    Trader Joe's Freeze Dried Strawberries. They're salty, crunchy, sweet, and fantastic in every way. And they're also 110 calories a bag, and it takes about 4 snacks to eat a whole bag.
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    i eat low cal popsicles to kill a sweets craving. and i love chocolate covered pretzels to kill both cravings at once. so yummy!
  • payatkoh
    payatkoh Posts: 2
    Options
    World Market sells this Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt chocolate bar that's excellent at satisfying both your sweet tooth and salty cravings all in one. I'm satisfied even with only one block of chocolate.
  • lauralwilson
    lauralwilson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    special K chocolaty pretzel bars 90 calories a piece and they taste like a candy bar - I also like the special K fruit crisps - they are sweet - like a pop tart but with out all the fat and calories!!
  • Thanks so much! I love Trader Joes!
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    These are not the greatest low-cal snack. But if you have room in your daily calories or need a quick something on the go these are awesome. Sweet and salty : ) Sooo good!

I can't make it show up, but they are Sweet and Salty Granola Peanut bars :)
    http://www.generalmills.com/~/media/Images/Brands/Nutritional_Images/Nature_Valley/Sweet_and_Salty/NatureValleyGranolaBarSweetSaltyNutPeanut107.ashx