What Weight Loss Foods Can You Just Not Get Into?

Options
You know, the ones that there are tons of people extolling like a miracle from god, but that just taste yucky to you. For me, it's cottage cheese (I can't get over the consistency), and raw carrots or broccoli, I just don't like 'em.

Replies

• humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. I like regular yogurt and to me the greek yogurt just tastes like yogurt thats been in the fridge too long... i keep trying it though. lol
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    Options
    Tofu
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with cottage cheese! I've tried and it's just not for me.

I also can't eat plain egg whites or hardboiled eggs. I only started eating eggs my freshman year of undergrad, so I'm still pretty picky about them, even though I'll eat all kinds of other weird food. :embarassed:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt,and lean cusin crap nasty
  • ngrizzle
    ngrizzle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Melt a tiny bit of real butter in a small non-stick pan and fry the egg whites in the butter (I eat 3 every morning). Once you turn the eggs, lightly salt and pepper (I lay on the pepper). You might find egg whites more enjoyable this way and the butter calories are negligible if you only use a smidge!
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    most yogurt...especially yoplait! ICK. Give me kefir anyday! I also hate egg whites by themselves so I eat the whole egg. Raw broccoli disgusts me, but I can eat piles of steamed broccoli with some marinara. YUM
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Using plain greek yogurt for a substitute for mayo or sour cream. I can't eat it unless it's sweetened. ick.
  • OliveLucas
    Options
    cottage cheese :(
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've never tried cottage cheese but the look alone is enough to turn me off.

Tofu can be delicious depending on how it is prepared. I've recently started eating egg whites...I make an omelette and add toppings like cheese, spinach or stir fry peppers.....yum!

Greek yogurt definitely is an acquired taste....I didn't like it at first but I can tolerate it now.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Unfortunately I like to eat about anything...thats how I got here in the first place.:bigsmile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I'm a cottage cheese, hardboiled egg, vegetable lover, but an oatmeal hater. I've given it a try more than once, but end up throwing it out before the bowl is even half done. ICK!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love all veggies except raw lettuce I hate lettuce which makes having a salad really hard to do lol, is a bowl of raw veggies still considered a salad minus the lettuce?
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt,and lean cusin crap nasty

thats good-- frozen meals are too high in sodium anyway!! lol
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and greek yogurt. I am trying to find a good Greek yogurt but it just seems so gross.
  • midonhau
    Options
    most yogurt...especially yoplait! ICK. Give me kefir anyday! I also hate egg whites by themselves so I eat the whole egg. Raw broccoli disgusts me, but I can eat piles of steamed broccoli with some marinara. YUM

I tried kefir for the first time this weekend....I didn't hate it but I certainly didn't love it either....it was very thick and left a weird aftertaste in my mouth. I had to drink a glass of water to get rid of the aftertaste.
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    Options
    I love all veggies except raw lettuce I hate lettuce which makes having a salad really hard to do lol, is a bowl of raw veggies still considered a salad minus the lettuce?

My DH is not big on lettuce either - he does love a salad made with fresh spinach leaves instead of lettuce though =0)
  • midonhau
    Options
    Unfortunately I like to eat about anything...thats how I got here in the first place.:bigsmile:

lol :wink:
  • midonhau
    Options
    I'm a cottage cheese, hardboiled egg, vegetable lover, but an oatmeal hater. I've given it a try more than once, but end up throwing it out before the bowl is even half done. ICK!

I hate oatmeal
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options

I tried kefir for the first time this weekend....I didn't hate it but I certainly didn't love it either....it was very thick and left a weird aftertaste in my mouth. I had to drink a glass of water to get rid of the aftertaste.

Really? Hmm..different strokes and all I guess. I feel like its thinner, tastier yogurt I can drink. (I hate eating substances like yogurt, jello, applesacue with a spoon because I have to eat it super slow or I gag.) You could try a flavored one, but those tend to have some sugar.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    W-A-T-E-R! :grumble: