Work = Exercise?

Options
Okay I need some help. I am a hospice nurse aide and I take care of 5 patients. My daily duties include things like bathing, lifting patients, transfering them from one place to another, feeding them, ambulating them and other physical activities. I know that I HAVE to be burning off some serious calories during my work day. Problem is I have no idea how to log them! Could someone please help me figure this out so I can at least get some credit for my hard work LOL.! Thanks!

Replies

• pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I only log structured exercise. I think the stuff you do at work would be in the activity level you set for yourself. Just my opinion......
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You should have set up your profile to include that in your normal daily activity

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You don't log them, you just set your diary to say that you have an active or very active lifestyle and it will account for the extra calories you burn.
  • jimbo831
    jimbo831 Posts: 15
    Options
    I agree. The calories you burn at work is accounted for when you choose your daily activity level.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    as long as your activity level isnt at sedentary you shouldnt have to log it...i wish there were a way to set your activity levels for different days...like if you have a physically demanding job being able to set it to very active for m-f, and then sedentary on sat and sun...
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    pelleld is correct mfp ask for activity level and uses that as a modifier in calculating daily kcal intake. Exercise is a sustained increase in heart rate i would venture for a normal person to be at lease above the 60-100bpm norm that is allowed for "normal" heart rate.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I agree.. I am an RN in an ER so I would have like 13,000 steps a day, burn approx 3000 calories per day.. My personal trainer said it didn't count as exercise..................