Workout to focus on belly and upper legs...?

SayGoodnight
SayGoodnight Posts: 3
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Anything?
Possibly something with out a DVD of some sort. Just something I could do in a small room, or lisoning to music???

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    good question..i need to know too
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Unfortunately, you can't target fat loss. However, if you want to tone Jillian Michaels has a Ripped in 30 (I think thats the name) for your abs. You could always do wall sits for your legs :)
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Maybe squats and crunches/situps??? That's all I can think of, but I don't know a lot about workouts.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has any more inventive ideas....
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    I borrowed Billy Blanks Taebo Insane Abs from the library.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Unfortunately, you can't target fat loss.

This is the most important thing for you to remember. You can't decide where you lose fat; all you can do is tone the underlying muscle so when the fat peels off eventually, you have good lean muscle beneath it. I recommend yoga quite a bit for your core and upper legs, personally.
  • I've been doing One-on-One Training with Jackie (Warner) It's 3 parts you can do 1,2 or all 3. It focuses arms (seg. 1), bottom (seg. 2) and abs (seg.3) and throws some small bursts of cardio in for good measure. I've found this to be a little more helpful than the 30 day Shred.....although I do use that as well.
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Leslie sansone has a workout that targets your hips and thighs. I think cardio in general helps with belly fat. But, as some one said earlier the key is getting that muscle built underneath.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Unfortunately, you can't target fat loss.

This is the most important thing for you to remember. You can't decide where you lose fat; all you can do is tone the underlying muscle so when the fat peels off eventually, you have good lean muscle beneath it. I recommend yoga quite a bit for your core and upper legs, personally.

exactly! also remember that crunches and what not won't burn fat! a lot of people think "well i'm doing x-amount of crunches a day why don't i see results!" you may be getting abs, but those muscles won't show without burning the fat on top of them! cardio cardio cardio! i used to be one of those people. i'm so glad i was informed! :)
This discussion has been closed.