College Pounds

Options
I'm having a problem while at school. I rarely eat out, but the food in the cafeteria is just as bad as going out to eat. I have three meals a day and try my best to eat healthy; high in protein, low carbs. While I'm thinking that I'm eating well, the scale says otherwise. I keep gaining weight and honestly I'm getting a bit hopeless. I've had weight issues all of my life and I'm not sure what else I should do. Any suggestions?

Replies

• gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Whats your living situation? I always had apartments in school, and would make food in the morning to take with (turkey sandwich, stirfry, etc). it was more to save money, but it ended up being really healthy to boot!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Are you working out? Drinking enough water?
  • ebizzles147
    Options
    See, I play collegiate volleyball so constant exercising has never been a problem. I just think I may have hit a plateau and I don't know how to get past.

I live in a dorm, but have a fridge and microwave. I rarely keep food in the dorm incase of constant snacking.
  • codyyde
    codyyde Posts: 36
    Options
    I would say start going to the school gym if its included in your tuition and don't eat after 7 or 8. I know how you feel I gained 10 pounds this year at university and I've almost just lost it
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    See, I play collegiate volleyball so constant exercising has never been a problem. I just think I may have hit a plateau and I don't know how to get past.

I live in a dorm, but have a fridge and microwave. I rarely keep food in the dorm incase of constant snacking.

Hmm a lot of people on here that have plateaued tried zig-zagging their cals, which is like 1300 one day, 1500 the next, 1275 the next etc...if you're able to do that....or maybe your body is used to the exercise (volleyball) you do, so like the person above me, maybe try going to the gym if you can and trying a new routine?