Newbie Here Hoping to change her life....

Options
Newcomer to this group. I'm 34 I've been overweight for the last 12 years!!!.. I feel that I've lost my youth stuck in a big body.
I'm hoping that I will finally make a lifestyle change that I'll stick with for the remainder of my life. I've lost weight multiple times but it all comes back in the end. I know that I have some emotional eating issues that I have to deal with. I'm hoping that I'll finally be able to deal with the emotional eating and not let it ruin one more year of my life.

I've never been married... and don't have any children. I understand that if I do ever want to have children that I'll need to loose weight to increase fertility.
I've set up a few exercise goals for my self for this summer that I'm really excited about... however... i've been exercising for the last month..... and i'm soooo sore.. I can tell that i'm getting older and that my extra weight makes it more difficult to exercise. I need to get 10lbs off right away to help make exercise less painful.

I'm so excited that my mother told me about this website. What a great tool!

Replies

• regi1
    regi1 Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome you will do great.
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We are here for you, you can and will do this. We have all come from various backgrounds with the same results. We are making the changes needed one step, one pound at a time.
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    OMG I think that you are me! But I have 2 kids! I have been 70 lbs overweight for at Keats 13 years, I got the weight off once but put back on 32 lbs, so I am trying to get rid of it this time for good!
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow, you just told my story as well. I'm unmarried with no kids and feel like I've wasted many years of my life being overweight and unhappy. I have a tendency to eat my feelings as well. I know I can get this done if I put my mind to it and so can you. Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey!