becoming unmotivated..help!

Options
I need some motivation.. Ive been taking spin class for the past 5 weeks 3 times a week and I run once and week.. ive been keeping track of my food for the past 2 weeks and I feel like Im not losing any weight...and after Easter this weekend I really messed up and am starting to become unmotivated.. HELP!!! I am fading fast! It even seems like my spin class has emptied a lot over the last 2 weeks... is this a bad time of year for a lot of people? You think with summer coming more people would be at the gym not less!!

Replies

• deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hang in there! It can take your body a bit to catch up. How are your eating habits? How many cals are you eating and are you eating back your exercise cals? I know with spinning classes you can burn up a whole mess of calories.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Try something new. :) A different class, a different machine. Weight lifting. The same thing over and over will not only plateau your results, but leave you bored and...well, unmotivated. Check out what else your gym has to offer. :)
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is use to your spin class, maybe mix it up, run more then spin less and the next week reverse and the week after that have a spin, a run and add another activity...dancing? Keep at it! Dont lose focus! I havnt been at the gym for the last 2 weeks! too busy and im back tomorrow! It may be the same for alot of others!
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    not to be rude . . but you look great wich ever girl you are in the poto they both look amazing lol so im wondering why your trying to lose weight cuz it doesnt look like you need to lose any . . . iv never taken spin so i have no clue . . you may be losing inches and not pounds like i am . . . im doing alot of cardio and have only lost like 1 pound . . that and you have only been doing this work out for a couple of weeks . . they say not to even look at the scale for a month if your a women losing weight . . cuz the results wont make you happy if your checking every day or every other day . . maybe every week . . i know i dont stick to the dont look for a month but i do the every week one and im still not happy with the results .. . but good luck i guess :)
  • swankyclanky
    Options
    Thanks!! But Im actually 200 pounds.. i dont look it because I am 5'10 and incredibly proportioned.. but I do take a size 12 and need to lose some fat! I do think I need to switch it up a bit! Ive been doing cardio for 6 weeks now 4 times a week and have only lost a few pounds and it is discouraging but I think I need to step away from the scale and take out the measuring tape because I really do feel better. Thanks for the advice!!!
  • swankyclanky
    Options
    My eating habits are so ..so... I eat between 1300 and 1800 calories a day.. but yesterday I had 2100 and the day before a heck of a lot more because of easter eating... I just feel like most people drop their first few pounds quickly! Spin class really is amazing though and you do burn a lot but Im guessing im probably also building a lot of muscle in my legs?