P90X..yes another question!

Options
Sigra
Sigra Posts: 374 Member
I'm not a P90X user (yet?), I've pretty much done Cardio all my live, never have done strength before, but the more I hear about it, the more it seems great for both men and women to have a solid Strength work out over a Cardio workout. - The fitness trainer I currently have is a believer in high protein, low sodium - and does not believe in calorie counting. She tells me:

Cardio: Burns muscle/fat
Strength: Builds muscle, which eats fat!

So far sounds pretty solid to me, even though I will still be checking my calories to make sure I'm not going over board!

I also know that a lot of people here use it, a LOT! And I've heard really good reviews (even though I haven't necessarily seen the results that have stemmed from those reviews). - $120? Money isn't a big deal to me, but I do want to make sure that it is worth every penny :)

What do you guys think? Suggestions?

Replies

• Hb154
    Hb154 Posts: 9
    Options
    p90x is amazing.. something i really love about it, is it actually takes really good care of your body. You start with about a 10 minuet stretch, sometimes including yoga..its so relaxing, gets you breathing correctly, and its not starting out all harsh and brutal like most workout tapes. Insanity is really intense and doesn't care for your body like p90x does.
    When I was doing p90x, i was a lot more sore too, because its longer. so thats a plus :)
    i think it is an AMAZING investment for you!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    P90X is amazing! It definitely works and I would gladly have paid 3 times the price for it, given what its done for me. I lost almost 40 pounds and cut my pants size in half. It becomes more than just a workout program, its a lifestyle change. I have a transformation video on my Facebook page if you'd like to see it. The link is in my signature :smile:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I do ChaLEAN Extreme---her motto----"muscle burns fat."
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    You don't have to jump right to P90X either. P90 has a full program. There is the original first series P90, my husband and I are currently starting week 8, it has made a difference. Then there is the P90 Master series. And then there is the ultimate P90X. For me I felt P90X was more for individuals who were basically already in shape and wanted that ultimate definition. My husband and I might eventually get it. I know there are those who have chosen to go straight to X. And are very sore but each person has to make that decision for theirself. Best of luck and keep up the great work!!! :o)
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I bought P90X and love it. I am 300lbs and cannot keep up with the level they do on the DVD. Tony Horton always says "modify, modify, modify" so I push myself and/or do modified versions of the programs workouts. I figure this way I get a solid workout and did not spend money on both P90 AND P90X. I did, however, get the results and recovery drink to try it out. It seems pretty solid compared to my other protein drink. I seem less sore with the P90X drink though, I think that is due to the increased amount of Glutamine though.

I will always suggest the P90X program, it is a very solid workout no matter what shape you are in. It is just harder if you are out of shape or have extra weight.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just completed 30 minutes or so ago, week 6 day 1. My wife and I are doing it together, and so far have not missed a workout. It takes a very large time commitment, and discipline. Is it worth it, yes. Is it impossible, no. will you get better, yes. will you sometimes want to skip or quit, yes. will some of the programs bore you, yes. Will you increase your overall strength and fitness, yes,yes,yes.

The biggest question is do you want to be the minority and be in shape, or the majority and make excuses of why your "out of shape or cant exercise or eat right".

If you choose the minority, order it and get going. If you choose the second option, no ordering needed you probably already know that because your on MFP with the rest of us.
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Worth every penny.The workouts are tough, indeed, it will certainly push your limits at times. But Tony's a funny guy and the video's are kind of fun. I think no matter your size or strength, P90X can be done. Just go at your own pace, hit the pause button if you need more time. Do it!
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I JUST bought it myself (check out craigslist! Bought for less than half the reg price & was still in sealed package!) and plan to start tomorrow. I have about 50lbs to lose, but I am more focused on dropping in size (hope to drop from 12 to 6) rather than pounds (since muscle weighs more than fat). You have nothing to lose by trying it and giving your all! Good luck!!! :)