Any "seniors" out there trying to lose weight

Options
Seniors (over age 50) sometimes have a hard time losing weight. I would sure like to hear any success stories or special problems being met. Anybody out there?:flowerforyou

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    sorry, I am almost 50, does that count ???? But I did want to say good luck to you. Feel free to friend me if you wish. I have a lot of senior friends who are on the same program as I am on.
  • zoegoodlife
    Options
    Hey! I am there with ya! I am 58! We can be "senior" buddies!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and a half, and with MFP's help, I've been able to get to my goal weight for the first time in 30 years. I do work out quite a bit, but I've always done that. Tracking my food here has kept me focused and consistent with what I put in my mouth, and that's made all the difference in the world.
  • rebachester58
    Options
    I will be 53 this year and you are right, losing weight is very hard, I have been at this for 2 years now,but have lost 30 lbs and 43.5 inches. I work out 3 times a week at water aerobics, walk for 2 hours on Sunday and do a zumba class once a week. I saw no results but inches for a long while. I still ahve 50 lbs to lose so I am still trying..........good luck to you!!
  • Denissmd
    Denissmd Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm here. Can't believe I'm this old, but I am 59. Just started with this program, but really only need to lose about 5-7 pounds. Good luck!