what heart rate monitor does everyone use?

missyleighRN82
missyleighRN82 Posts: 18
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I really want to purchase a heart rate monitor and I have no idea on which one I should get. I want one that also records calories. Thanks

Replies

• LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    I didn't want to spend too much, so I bought one by SportLine at WalMart. I wear it on my wrist and it helps count my calories burned. I'm not sure how I can tell if it's correct or not, but so far so good!
  • I have a Suunto M5 with a chest strap. It also works with the machines at the gym that say they connect to the Polar HRM's. It was gift so I can't tell you the exact price, the only issue I have is with my size, sometimes the chest strap moves and it loses my HR. Which can get frustrating. But I think most women have that with the bounce factor.

it tells me average HR. highest HR. Carlories. Time. and you can connect a footpod for distance (I have a nike one, so i don't need it) It also tracks my weight. tells me my BMI when I update my weight and tells me when I should have a rest day / exercise day (I ignore that mostly because I have a child and go to the gym 3-5 days a week when he's not sick).

I am happy with it, apart from the annoying chest strap, but alas. I am a woman. haha.
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    I got a Polar FT7 HRM last week and I'm in LOVE with it. It was around $100, came with a chest strap and can be detected by the equipment at the gym.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    i am kind of replying to others replies here.... i am also in the market for a HRM. those who purchased the Polars, do the calories burned seem pretty accurate?
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    I'm also wanting to add a question to this thread. I'm stuck between getting a Polar FT4 or FT7. The price difference is about £20 give or take a few and I just wondered if it would be worth spending that extra bit money or if the FT4 does a good enough job
This discussion has been closed.