Is pooping good for you??

Options
Hey weird question i know... but we all do it. And im curious to know whether it is good or bad to poop? And how often should a person do so?

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    :huh: Yes and often.

Edit: Ahem. Forget it.
  • aangrisani
    Options
    Of course pooping is good for you and every person is different. Most people go once daily but others maybe every other day. As long as a week doesn't pass, then you should be fine! Increase your water intake and eat more roughage!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Hey weird question i know... but we all do it. And im curious to know whether it is good or bad to poop? And how often should a person do so?

Yes. This should shed some light. It is true!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVgi8hoFFc
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    the only important thing to note....make sure you do it before weigh-ins! hehe
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    food should get through you in 24 hours, so you should poop 3 times a day, for meals not snacks, according to what i saw on dr. oz. he said to eat healthy lots of veggies and then itll just shoot through you. haha.
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    http://www.smellypoop.com/facts_about_poop.php

just...copy and paste that and all your worries will be settled
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    No you should hold it whenever possible. :laugh:
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think that is the reason why I hold on to most of my weight due to NOT doing this often at all. I used to be in an area where a colonic hydrotherapy center was frequently accessable. I am now overseas and they use herbal teas for that usage over here, which works, but for most people only (1) glass can get them going, for me it takes (3) or (4) glasses. I am thinking there might be some sort of problem here. I drink water and eat veggies, but I just don't know.....
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I think that is the reason why I hold on to most of my weight due to NOT doing this often at all. I used to be in an area where a colonic hydrotherapy center was frequently accessable. I am now overseas and they use herbal teas for that usage over here, which works, but for most people only (1) glass can get them going, for me it takes (3) or (4) glasses. I am thinking there might be some sort of problem here. I drink water and eat veggies, but I just don't know.....

Maybe your body needs to get used to doing the poo thing by itself? How much water are you drinking? If you do need a little extra help, I found that 'aloe vera colon cleanse' capsules worked very well. A little too well in my case, as I'd accidentally bought the cleanse ones instead of my normal ones!
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just dropped a really nice deuce and I feel GREAT!!! :laugh:
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Pooping is great for you! As long as you don't have diarrhea (lost of electrolites and dehydration). The cleaner your system the more you poop. Check out babies, they poop almost immediately after eating (clean system). Pooping is our body's way of ridding itself of waste and toxins. A backed up system may reabsorb the toxins. Hope this helps.
  • lifesabeach2629
    Options
    fiberrrr lol
  • lifesabeach2629
    Options
    omg. tmi @ jdm_taco
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I poop all the time :-D
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    ^^

brad_pitt_is_grossed_out_main_1298.jpg
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Brad, yummy
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Pooping is great for you! As long as you don't have diarrhea (lost of electrolites and dehydration). The cleaner your system the more you poop. Check out babies, they poop almost immediately after eating (clean system). Pooping is our body's way of ridding itself of waste and toxins. A backed up system may reabsorb the toxins. Hope this helps.
    That's correct.
    We were once all babies, and yes they poop after eating. You should be eliminating after each meal you consume, so we should be going 2-3 times a day.

Then there's people who over the years have started to slow down and go once a day, or once every 3-5 days, and think it's normal because "they finally go". They think they've cleaned out their system for the last 3 days. (all 9+ meals have instantly emptied out)

Meanwhile for 3 days, your piping has been backed up, your intestines start to stretch to hold the backlog of waste.
    Once your large intestine is full, then your small intestines get backed up, bacteria start to multiply and set up shop, and your body starts reabsorbing the toxins - Auto-intoxification.
  • alex1238
    alex1238 Posts: 3
    Options
    im pooping as i type this :()
  • alex1238
    Options
    that felt great
  • alex1238
    Options
    i like to sleep