Dreaded clothes shopping tomorrow!

Options
Don't get me wrong, I love clothes and I love shoes, but at the moment I hate clothes shopping.

I go shopping feeling really positive, but by the end of it, I feel awful!

I mean seriously, is there anything more disheartening than picking up your size clothes, and thinking OMG that looks way to big, then trying it on just to find that it's too small :sad: Then, not only do you have to buy a huge size, but when you go to pay for the item, the shop assistance holds it up so that she can fold it, and you see that it would probably wrap round her atleast 3 times! Makes you feel even worse. Plus the shops want to make it obvious that your overweight, by naming a special section for the clotothes! :ohwell:

Anyway, I have to go clothes shopping tomorrow because I'm going away for the weekend next month and I'm dreading it. I wish I didn't have to go until I lost more weight, but I really need some new things, and tomorrow is the only day I have free before I go away.

Hopefully the day won't be as bad as I'm expecting!

Don't worry about replying, I just wanted to have a bit of a rant.

Thanks
Carol

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh Honey, I feel so badly for you:cry:

I never felt that bad buying clothes. I do/did get frustrated that the sizes are all mucked up. I mean in what world am I a size 3? Well the one at Old Navy it seems!! Oh but go over to Ms Gloria Vanderbuitl and I seem to be a 16!:noway:

Or the places like Chicos who think it is cute to say 00, 0, 1, 2., 3:grumble: I asked the clerk if they REALLY thought I was so shallow or stupid that I thought I was an actual size ONE???:angry: (I did buy a pair of jeans on sale for 20 bux cuz they were so cute, but tore out the size tage which was rediculous!!)

Go with a friend! I find when my girlfriends are shopping with me I feel SO much better about myself. They say :noway: when it looks bad and then :bigsmile: when I look good. Can't feel bad about a size when this is going on!

Also, you are prob going to either fit a lot nicer in the same size as before (if your like me and shoved yourself into the 14 because you refused to buy a 16) OR..........you will be a size smaller!! WOOT WOOT!

Either way you are beautiful and making changes, walk in standing tall and proud!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Carol_s
    Carol_s Posts: 73
    Options
    Awww, thanks for your reply, it made me smile.

Hopefully tomorrow wont be as bad as I think.
  • strongfocus
    Options
    You might be surprised. I went shopping this weekend as all my clothes from last (few) spring/summer are dunzo - too big, too old, or just tired. I was pleasantly surprised at my current size - a large! Last summer I was 1X in most shirts. i try not to get too hung up on sizes though, as all designers, high end or Walmart, have very different ideas of what a size it. Enjoy your shopping!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi, I feel your pain. I am not sure what country you are in but I am in the UK. Last week I tried a size 18 top on in Next and it only just fit. I bought a top in Asda, size 14!! Each shop is different. Find a shop that is generous with the sizing. Just buying a smaller size makes you feel great. Peacocks are quite generously sized too.

If you are in USA then perhaps your fellow countrymen know which shops to avoid.

Good luck with the shopping.
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Honey, don't get discouraged, we have all been there, you WILL SUCCEED!!!! I'm not certain where you live, but in Missouri, they have what is called "Mentor" or "Plato;s Closet", it's like a consignment store. The great thing about it, is the clothes are from mostly people in the ages of 15 - 30years old, in great shape and decent prices. They also have a variety of sizes. Or what about any of your friends, do thy have something you could borrow for the weekend???? Keep your chin up honey, we all have faith that your dreams will come true :)
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    I hate shopping! If I need to get new clothes for a special occasion, I shop on-line, have it delivered to my home & try things on in the comfort of my home! You don't have the stress of shopping in the actual store - and if you get really upset & start crying (like I've been known to do!), no one will see you! Totally works for me!:flowerforyou:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Men do not have to put up with the BS that us women do! When something is sized for a guy it is pretty much that size but as a earlier poster noted, you can bring in several items in several sizes and find not one iota of uniformity in the sizing or fit.

I recently bought a 4x at Target cause I wanted a zip up hoodie for a trip, they were made to fit tight.....I am a fat girl and I do NOT want to look like a sausage!! I have several scrub tops that are 2x, I could smuggle in a small child in some, others squish my boobies so I can't breathe!

Just know that you are losing and learning better habits!
  • Carol_s
    Carol_s Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them. I feel so much better even just writing about it.

x