Opinions on DVD sets

Options
I'm interested in buying either Turbo Fire or Chalean Extreme. Just wondering what people here would choose? I know a lot of you have these dvds. My husband is pushing for p90x, but it's never really appealed to me that much.

My main goals are to loose weight and tone up. Im in a wedding in July and I've lost 20 pounds, but I'd like to loose 15 more before then. I don't want to work out for more than 45-60 mins a day. I'm currently doing the 30 day shred, but I know I will be looking for something else when I'm finished so want to be prepared. Any info greatly appreciated!

Replies

• mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have TurboFire, Chalean and P90x. For me p90x doesn't have enough cardio, and it bores me pretty easily. My teenage son and husband love it though. I personally prefer TurboFire to Chalean. It is hard but fun and the music keeps me moving.
  • Callen64
    Callen64 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am currently using both Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Both programs are great. I have also heard rave reviews on both Chalene Extreme and P90X. The thing you need to consider is what is going to make you want to workout. If p90x does not sound appealing to you, I would recommend one of Chalene's programs Turbo Fire or Chalene Extreme. She really motivates, the workouts are great, and the music is awesome!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I've done Turbo Fire, ChaLEAN Extreme and P90X. Each are very different from one another.

Turbo Fire is primarily high intensity cardio. It is fun and has lots of kick boxing moves. It took me a while to learn the moves and I deemed myself Turbo Dork because I looked nothing like the people doing the moves on the tv! I just kept moving and had a blast. It's a great workout. However, it is a program that is longer than 90 days and while some of the workouts are as short as 15 minutes others are 60 minutes. You will burn fat and lose weight with this program.

ChaLEAN Extreme is my favorite. I went from a size 14 to a size 6 doing this in less than 90 days. Most of the workouts are 30 minutes long. The longest is 45 minutes and it is a 5 day a week program. It is great for losing inches and weight. Chalene Johnson is very instructional and you will learn the proper way to lift weights with this workout.

P90X is very intense. It's a great program and my husband is seeing amazing results from it. Each workout is at least an hour long and it is 6 days a week. It is not designed for weight loss per se, although many people do lose weight doing it. Following the nutrition plan is key while doing this program. Be prepared that you will not be able to do many of the moves the way the people on the tv do them. Its ok to modify. Don't get discouraged by that.
    Hope this helps
    Risa
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm leaning towards Chalean just because I want to loose weight and loose inches. 5 days a week for less than an hour seems very manageable. I have a knee issue and I think turbo fire might be too high impact. I've read a lot of people saying it's hard to get the hang of as well.

@yogarunner, did you follow the chalean diet strictly to get those results?
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    If you have knee issues I would definately lean towards Chalean.......Turbofire would be probably be a little hard on your knees
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm leaning towards Chalean just because I want to loose weight and loose inches. 5 days a week for less than an hour seems very manageable. I have a knee issue and I think turbo fire might be too high impact. I've read a lot of people saying it's hard to get the hang of as well.

@yogarunner, did you follow the chalean diet strictly to get those results?

I did not follow the nutrition plan strictly, but I did add Shakeology to my diet daily.