Over 100+ to lose?

Options

Replies

• tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has lost a large amount of weight, I started needingnto lose a 100+ pounds. 16 pounds gone..woot woot. Feel free to add me.:happy:
  • GranP
    GranP Posts: 38
    Options
    Great Job tjames. Keep it up.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have a double wall water bottle and love it....no sweating and it keeps my water or tea cold. I got mine at Wal-Mart too.
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Count me in. I am only 5 feet tall and I started at 233. I need to lose about 105 pounds :( 13 years ago when I met my husband I weighed around 115-120 pounds. 14 years ago when I got pregnant with my 1st son, I weighed 108. I know I'll never see that again, and right now my first goal is to just get back under 200.
  • cynraz
    cynraz Posts: 11
    Options
    110 to loose myself! just started 2 1/2 wks ago, add me if you like, always looking for friends that can share in this long journey ahead of us : )
  • GranP
    Options
    How was everyones holiday week-end? Mine went well, I weighed in this morning and am disappointed I dodn't lose but happy I didn't gain. I did stray on hte food but I got planty of exercise.Back on track today. I hope you all have a great week!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! - Patti - so glad you didn't gain a lb. Being in a holding pattern is ok. You just need to do something this week to push you past this hump. You can do it!

I feel like we got to skip Monday comletely this week - so nice!!! I won't do my official weigh in until tomorrow so I can track my loss from June 1st - July1st. The holiday weekend went fairly well for me. I got in 2 good runs and a great long walk/jog with my 10yr old. Lots of family time, a little fishing and lots of R&R. Meal time wasn't horrible but I could have done better. So many bad foods around when you get together with a big group. I kept portions in control and don't feel like a gained 3lbs so I'm happy about that.

Tonight is the last night of the month. Tomorrow is a new beginning for each of us. Take time to set your June goals. Write them down and post them around your house so you see them every day. Keep them realistic.

Let's make it a great week. Drink more water than you think you can hold today!
    ReNae
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i would love to loose 100 to 120 pounds. I don't even know what I would look like at that weight! I can use any support and would love to give some as well. Right now I go to Planet Fitness 5 days a week after work and am trying to stay as low carb as possible due to the possibility of having PCOS. Anyone else out there with it? I would love to know what has worked for you??
  • GranP
    Options
    Checking in. I just have one more day of watching my daughters dogs, YAH! They should be picked up tomorrow, which is also my birthday. Once the dogs are gone I can get more exercise. Right now I can't use the Wii or treadmill because they bark and jump on me. (they are Labs) I can't walk them either because they don't behave on leashes.
    I like watching TV in the evening while walking on my treadmill, I sit all day at work so I don't want to do the same at night.
    Have a great day all:)
    Patty
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear the dogs will be gone! I love my treadmill. I do at least 30 minutes every morning and today was the first day I missed in over 3 months. Our power had flickered yesterday in the storm and my DH had reset all the clocks but never told me so I didn't reset my alarm. I never woke until 5:45 so I missed my time on the treadmill this morning. Oh well - I'm going to take an hour and go for a good brisk walk today during lunch. I could use the fresh air anyway.

So I made it to my goal by June 1st! I was very happy to see a zero at the end of the number when I stepped on the scale! Now I have another 10lb goal for June. Getting down to 199 by October is my big goal. It just seems so far away. All I keep thinking is that the summer will fly by like it usually does. The kids will be back in school and I will have made it to ONEderland! Can't wait.

Doing fine so far today. I hope I can manage a healthier dinner tonight. I didn't go over on calories last night butt we ate leftovers which didn't include much for veggies.

Today I am going to reward myself with 3 breaks at work. 1 for 100 squats, 1 for 100 sit ups and 1 for as many push-ups as I can manage.

Make it a great day!
  • GranP
    Options
    Renae,
    You sound like you have a good solid plan. My goal for June is 10 lbs as well. I have two June goals, the 10 lbs and working out a minimum of 4 days a week.
    My long term goal is to lose 10 lbs a month until I've lost 130, then I'll see where I'm at. My biggest goal though is increase energy and become more physically fit. Or to put it another way, my goal is to stop my body from hurting all the time!
    Well all, have a great day and a wonderful week-end. Remember, we can do anything we set out minds and heart on.
    Love and Peace, Patty
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Patty,
    I am in the throws of the last week of the quarter and am trying to just maintain til Monday. Then I only have a take home final to do. My daughter's schedule is busy too. I have been unemployed and in a worker retraining program but the tuition help has dried up from now on but I have gotten the courses I wanted for now. I am looking forward to a summer where I can really concentrate on getting fitter and getting a job. I want more time for my daughter as well. She will be looking into and applying to Colleges. My goal is 1 pound a week so I am not planning on 10 pounds this month but wouldn't mind 5. I find periods of maintaining are actually beneficial. I have really lost inches then. I understand about not doing Zumba right away. It took me awhile before I tried it. I found that aquafit, walking and I love the elliptical and rowing machines when I get time in the gym without a class. However I have been loving my Zumba class on Fridays. There is one on Tuesday nights too. It is a beautiful Friday here but I am afraid I will be working on my projects all weekend. At least they are fun. Going to my daughters musical tonight though.
    Keri
  • GranP
    Options
    Hi Keri,
    Yes Zumba was fun and I hope to start doing it soon, but I really feel the necessity of taking some of the weight off first. I will feel safer with the movement then. I love to dance and will use my Ipod at home to dance around the house for exercise.
    I had a great birthday week-end. Spent time with the kids and grand kids and also had lunch yesterday with an old and dear friend.
    What are you in school for? I went back and got a bachelors in Business Management. Unfortunetely I haven't found a move up the ladder with the degree since I actually had to take a paycut to keep a job (not just me) This economy has messed things up.
    I'm actually trying to fix up my house so I can sell it now. I feel overwhelmed with the money mantainence of it, being single and not all that handy with repair work.
    I think it sounds awesome that you will have time to work on your weight and spend time with your daughter. What a great plan.
    As you lose weight and get healthier you will be able to open more doors in the job market.
    Have a great day. Patty
  • KeriA
    Options
    Hello Patti,
    It is amazing how being unemployed takes so much time! My daughter had dance performances and I spent so much time taking her there. Fun though. Love the idea of dancing to your ipod. I was taking courses in computer graphics (Adobe Creative Suite). I am an urban designer and they have started using these programs more to do graphics.

I have met my goal of getting exercise everyday so far. Yesterday I drank my water too. I got Zumba shoes when I went to the dance store to get my daughter new jazz shoes but haven't tried them yet. I started adding jogging intervals into my walk, yesterday. If you could call what I do jogging. It is slower than some peoples walk! I am going to track how long and hope to up the amount of time slowly each time I walk. Thinking of Tuesday, Thursdays.
    Yes, the economy is keeping some in jobs that aren't right for them, or they are being overworked and under paid or the rest have no job. We have alot of repairs on our house too and some are beyond our expertise and budget. Otherwise it is small and we can do most of it.
    Glad to hear you had a great birthday. I can't wait for grand kids. My son is in law school and is planning to give his long time girl friend a ring this summer. She is in med school. So who knows when they can settle down.
    Hope your summer is going well,
    Keri
  • GranP
    Options
    Hi Keri,
    How goes it? Things here are OK. Busy, but that's mostly a good thing.

I've made some progress on the house, not exercising as much as I need to but am moving around more and sitting less due to the work I'm putting in on the house.

I went to the grocery and am going to fix my own food and stay away from fast food. I know that is a big problem with me. It is so much easier to just stop off and get food rather than cook for only me.

I hope you enjoyed the dance performances. I loved to watch my girls, they played soccer, basketball and volleyball. I love to watch dance but my girls never got into it beyond basic classes.

I love school and learning, I wish I could make a living out of going to school, I'd do it. I just want to take the classes I like though, not required ones. I have taken classes in pottery, rowing and line dancing since I finished college but I'd love to take cooking classes, nutrition classes and become a certified personal trainer. That is my goal for this year. Losing weight and obtaining my certificate. At my age I don't know if it will take me anywhere, but it's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, after obtaining the first certificate I want to go for more training certificates, for senior care and for nutrition. Since I work at the Y I plan to start teaching an exercise class in the fall so I really have to stick to a plan for myself now.

Take care and stay on track, you are doing well and everything you add brings you closer to your goals.
    Patty
  • brandigo
    brandigo Posts: 16
    Options
    me too! im down 20-22 (depending on the day it seems) but refuse to give up and with so many stories of success i smile and know i can do it too!
  • GranP
    Options
    Awesome Brandigo, You are all my motivation!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Great progress Brandigo, Patty we have some similar goals this summer. I want to do more around my house too. Definitely want to cook more at home. Love hearing about your goal to become a personal trainer. I love teaching but not necessarily lecturing. It seems like personal training you get to do 1 on 1 teaching in a way. My daughter just started her last week for the summer so it is still busy around here. Can't wait for it to settle down. At least I have been able to get into a new exercise routine but I need to clean my house!
  • GranP
    Options
    Hi to all, How are things?
    Keri, How's it going? OK here, still working around the house and fitting exercise in where I can. I'm calling the realtor today to come take a look.
    Once I sell the house I can find a reasonable priced apt I will have the time and money available to pursue the things I want. I just pray that the house will sell. I really want to become certified and to specialize in the elderly. Help to keep them moving and in better shape.
    Somehow I need to start getting up and working out in the morning, I use to and it felt great, then my hours changed and I've never been able to get started again. The Y opens at 5 am and I don't have to be at work now until 8 even though I'm here by 7 usually. That time needs to be spent at the gym.
    If you come up with some good recipes let me know. Tonight I plan to fire up the grill and have chicken and grilled veggies. I love grilled food.
    Have a great day.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...hope that everyone is having a great day! It is summer already and didn't I hear one of the news reporters saying that summer is flying by...it is mid June already. I think that was a bit of a rush.

Not sure what to make for dinner tonight.....John is away on business and nothing seems appetizing to me. Thank goodness that I keep Lean Cuisines in the freezer. I usually take them to work with me but tonight might be a night for one. I do want to do more gardening when I get home from work. Does anyone garden??

Pam