Gained Weight After Easter

Options
2»

Replies

• shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had a double whammy...Easter and TOM so I gained 4 Ibs also.

same here!! ugh!!! :grumble: less energy to workout as well as bloating and cravings due to TOM, family visiting with lots of homecooked Easter traditions, dipping into the Easter baskets.... not a good combination!

But this why I like MFP and the community support we give each other! We are not alone and it helps to hear how others deal with daily (or annual) challenges. :drinker:
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    me too! i gained 3.5 lbs and I was great Friday... Saturday and Sunday were horrible!! But so far I have lose one of the 3.5... only 2.5 left to go!
  • janetlove
    janetlove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh my god!! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I gained two pounds. I'm pretty sure it's the ham.:tongue::tongue:
  • mjg08060
    mjg08060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did as well and i have a battle plan. These next couple days im spending in the gym burning off the extra calories that I ate, which was around 2000 (YIKES) so as long as you burn off the calories that you ate on top of your daily calories, you will be back down from there. I figure 3 or 4 one hour sessions in the gym on the elliptical will do it. Then after that your back on track.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I gained back about a pound, but it's gone now. I think it was a combination of just too much rich food (read: fatty) and too much sodium. So extra water, a little more fruit for me, a little more care for what I'm eating - and I'm back down to Friday's weight.

I regret that I have to work a little harder to get to my goal - but I'm OK with once in a while having a nice meal. And, I didn't really splurge all that much - just a little over on the calories and fat, but I didn't eat a large portion, I didn't take seconds, and I enjoyed the special foods in the portions I took.

I'm on a plan to change my life and my body, not to punish myself for making mistakes and doing stupid things. So yeah, it's OK sometimes to get close to the edge.

Hang in there!
  • lose40by40
    Options
    It is funny you said four lbs. I gained exactly the same over the weekend. I felt really bad yesterday, then I decided I was not going to give up and neither should you. The funny thing is late last night after eat health and drinking lots of water all day: I decided to step on that scale again. Guess what? Those four lbs that I thought I had gain over the weekend were gone. LOL
    Don't worry yourself about what you ate over the weekend. Give yourself a fresh new start today! We will do this! Its mind over matter.
    Best of luck to you. :)
  • Cyn_125
    Cyn_125 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs this weekend also! I told myself I had been doing so good I could take a break over the weekend and well look what happened. But it's ok, I'm moving on and getting back on track!! :happy:
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    So comforting to see I'm not the only one!!! I was so upset at my 4.6lb gain from Wednesday...I was upset all day yesterday!!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Misery loves company - I was up 2lbs after this weekend!!! Let's just absolve each other of guilt and get back on the wagon! Maybe our metabolism could use a little shake up anyway??? By the end of the week, I'll bet most all of us will have recovered! :smile:
  • Ravencjw
    Ravencjw Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey...the theory is ...lol...I don't know who's theory...there is so many out there....If you eat a little more calories for a few days and then go back down to your regular calorie count your metabolism will kick in more...Plus ham has lots of salt, canned foods, veggies have lots of salt, cheeses have lots of salt, processed foods of all kinds...so if you ate a lot of these kinds of foods over the weekend which I am sure we all did...lol...we gained some weight and ...A LOT... of water....Cut out the salt for a few days and see how you do...I try to eat a low sodium diet anyway and I do a lot better with my weight loss...Good luck...Cindy...I still have to weigh...lol
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    After Easter (and day-after leftovers) I gained too. I couldn't help but try all that good stuff! But I'm back on track today. No worries. =)
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was good for Easter and seen a 5 lb increase on the scale Monday. Sodium from the Ham maybe it is off today. I drank Lake Erie in water though yesterday :) don't worry it will come off.
    ABSOLUTELY!!! I was thinking the same thing. I didn't do too bad for Easter, but I definitely think there was lots of Sodium in the foods I ate (including ham). I don't want to hit the scale just yet ---- until I drink Lake Erie too!! lol :drinker:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i put on probably 1.5kg over easter, but it's dropped back off again within 3 days of the weekend ending. I worked hard last week, and allowed myself a treat, without going overboard, and was happy to have lost 1.8kg during the week, put back most of it over the weekend, and then lose it all again within 3 days.

I ate chocolate for breakfast on easter morning, after my 12km walk. i ate pizza on friday night, i ate a roast on sunday, a fish and chip shop vegie burger, we went on a picnic, and also had birthday cake... i controlled the portions to reasonable and no excessive portions. i went walking every day and all in all, i'm back on the wagon, so i call it a success.