Looking for Phentermine Buddies....

mamato3babes
mamato3babes Posts: 125
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Come on I know your out there LOL
I just started taking this today....
I know this isnt a long term fix but I have been doing well w/ exercise and counting calories and just not losing!
My dr recommended it so I figured Id give it a try! Just felt I needed an extra push.
If you are currently taking or have taken this and have any suggestions tips or feedback... results, etc.
Please share :):)
And of course if you are currently taking it plz add me! :)
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    I don't take it anymore, but only because it's inconvenient to go to the doctor every month for a refill. I also had great success with it. Make sure you do eat your calories and drink TONS of water. I started off with a 1/2 pill and stayed with that until I felt like it had lost it's affect. It did seem to not be as potent for me after about 3 months.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    I heard it really helps you lose weight.....
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    I was told by my Cardiologist, "under no uncertain terms I will absolutely NOT prescribe it to you", after I broke down bawling in his office. :frown:

A lot of my friends are having GREAT results after being on it for only a few weeks, though.
  • ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Hello. I am on my second go around with phentemine. I lost 50 pounds last year and had to go off of it for 6 months and just started back on last month; I've lost 12 pounds last month. It did help with my cravings and late night eating habits; but this time it seems to be more of a struggle for me. I am still going though; and want to lose 50 more pounds this time. Keep up the good work.
  • I don't take it anymore, but only because it's inconvenient to go to the doctor every month for a refill. I also had great success with it. Make sure you do eat your calories and drink TONS of water. I started off with a 1/2 pill and stayed with that until I felt like it had lost it's affect. It did seem to not be as potent for me after about 3 months.

Yea she said I have to come every month.... I just lost my health insurance too so thats gonna be fun LOL
    About how much did u lose?
  • I've used it a few times in the past and it always works great for me. The first time was about 7 years ago, I lost about 20 lbs and kept it off for a year, then I moved to Germany and stopped watching what I ate, and developed a taste for good beer lol. And then when I got back to the US I found a doctor where I live that uses it as part of his weight loss program and I lost 35 lbs and kept it off for 2 1/2 years, until again I quit being careful of how I eat. I've been using MFP alone for 2 months and haven't lost ANY weight. Thinking I need to go back to Dr. Gates and get back on track. I know for a fact the phentermine program works for me, it's the only thing I've used that truely works for me along with exercise.
  • Hello. I am on my second go around with phentemine. I lost 50 pounds last year and had to go off of it for 6 months and just started back on last month; I've lost 12 pounds last month. It did help with my cravings and late night eating habits; but this time it seems to be more of a struggle for me. I am still going though; and want to lose 50 more pounds this time. Keep up the good work.

Awesome job on the 50 lbs! :)
    Good Luck this time.... you can do it!
  • I've used it a few times in the past and it always works great for me. The first time was about 7 years ago, I lost about 20 lbs and kept it off for a year, then I moved to Germany and stopped watching what I ate, and developed a taste for good beer lol. And then when I got back to the US I found a doctor where I live that uses it as part of his weight loss program and I lost 35 lbs and kept it off for 2 1/2 years, until again I quit being careful of how I eat. I've been using MFP alone for 2 months and haven't lost ANY weight. Thinking I need to go back to Dr. Gates and get back on track. I know for a fact the phentermine program works for me, it's the only thing I've used that truely works for me along with exercise.

Wow good for you! And yea I hear ya about using mfp alone.... Ive only lost 3 lbs and Ive been working out as well.
    I always start off really good but then when I dont see results I get frustrated and give up!
    I do NOT wanna give up ya know? Thats why my doc suggested this :) I sure hope it works for me!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    It's funny how they prescribe this to anyone now. It used to be that you had to have a BMI of 30 or greater. Be careful it can be addictive. It works because it decreases your appetite severely. When I took it, I could go without eating all day and that's definitely not good.
  • I was told by my Cardiologist, "under no uncertain terms I will absolutely NOT prescribe it to you", after I broke down bawling in his office. :frown:

A lot of my friends are having GREAT results after being on it for only a few weeks, though.

Oh so you already see a cardiologist.... that makes sense then....
    A cple of my friends have taken it as well. One of them lost 35-40 lbs in 7 weeks!
  • It's funny how they prescribe this to anyone now. It used to be that you had to have a BMI of 30 or greater. Be careful it can be addictive. It works because it decreases your appetite severely. When I took it, I could go without eating all day and that's definitely not good.
    Im def gonna make myself eat.... and still stick to my 1200 calories :)
    I didnt think she would offer it to me.... I was kind of surprised but was excited to try it!
  • I'm really glad I came across this post. I've been looking around on here to discuss with anyone else using it but only seemed to find people talking so negatively about the pill. I started taking 30 mg on Feb. 17 and by my next appt. I had lost 20 lbs. The second month wasn't that great with only a 5 lbs drop but still had a good amount of energy and lost inches. This is my 3rd month on the pill and was given the 37.5 mg to try and so far I'm in love lol :love: I started the pill on Tues. and this morning one week weigh in, I've already lost 8 lbs. And I feel great!!
  • It's funny how they prescribe this to anyone now. It used to be that you had to have a BMI of 30 or greater. Be careful it can be addictive. It works because it decreases your appetite severely. When I took it, I could go without eating all day and that's definitely not good.
    I didnt think she would offer it to me.... I was kind of surprised but was excited to try it!
    oh and my bmi is 24
  • Hi! I've been using it for about 3 months now and have lost about 20 lbs. My doctor is fantastic, monitors my blood pressure, nutrition, exercise - good reminder that I must make lifestyle changes as well as "pop a pill" to see permanent results and truly be healthy. It's just another tool in a dieters tool box, and as long as it is more beneficial for me to take than to be obese, I will keep taking it. I am already type 2 diabetic, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and so on and only 30 years old! It has really helped me curb my appetite, which has given me the chance to work on emotional eating, bad eating habits, and things that I wouldn't have been able to do with my stomach constantly growling at me. Good luck!
  • For me it wasn't sudden/quick weight loss. I still work out and monitor calories, but it helps curb my cravings. The way I put it, instead of living to eat, I eat to live lol. Meaning I still do get hungry but it's not overwhelming and I don't have the urge to eat as much junk. Also, I am not much of a water drinker, but phentermine makes me thirsty and gives me the urge to actually drink water. And it seems to give my metabolism a boost too.
  • I'm really glad I came across this post. I've been looking around on here to discuss with anyone else using it but only seemed to find people talking so negatively about the pill. I started taking 30 mg on Feb. 17 and by my next appt. I had lost 20 lbs. The second month wasn't that great with only a 5 lbs drop but still had a good amount of energy and lost inches. This is my 3rd month on the pill and was given the 37.5 mg to try and so far I'm in love lol :love: I started the pill on Tues. and this morning one week weigh in, I've already lost 8 lbs. And I feel great!!
    OMG girl good for you! Im so excited for you!
    I know what you mean about all the negativity... I kind of expected it before I posted but I said what the hell ;) lol
    Im on the 37.5 currently and as I said today is Day 1 for me.... Lots of energy! Lovin it! :) Im gonna add you hon!
  • kstel
    kstel Posts: 12 Member
    i lost 10lbs on it about 2 years ago. I don't feel like it works for me anymore, so i stopped taking it.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    It's funny how they prescribe this to anyone now. It used to be that you had to have a BMI of 30 or greater. Be careful it can be addictive. It works because it decreases your appetite severely. When I took it, I could go without eating all day and that's definitely not good.
    oh and my bmi is 24

Which is even more surprising because you are at a healthy BMI, <25.
  • Hi! I've been using it for about 3 months now and have lost about 20 lbs. My doctor is fantastic, monitors my blood pressure, nutrition, exercise - good reminder that I must make lifestyle changes as well as "pop a pill" to see permanent results and truly be healthy. It's just another tool in a dieters tool box, and as long as it is more beneficial for me to take than to be obese, I will keep taking it. I am already type 2 diabetic, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and so on and only 30 years old! It has really helped me curb my appetite, which has given me the chance to work on emotional eating, bad eating habits, and things that I wouldn't have been able to do with my stomach constantly growling at me. Good luck!

Great! Im glad your doing so well :) And thanks!
  • i lost 10lbs on it about 2 years ago. I don't feel like it works for me anymore, so i stopped taking it.
    How long did u take it?
This discussion has been closed.