shoes for working out

Options
I was hoping to get some opinions! I do all sorts of exercising (elliptical, running, circuit training, just strenght, etc) and want an all around good shoe to workout in. However, I can't spend a fortune on them either! Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, decent priced shoe? I am going shopping tonight for a new pair!

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout shoe are Nike Shox.. Great support and really comfortable. Granted they are a bit expensive(think about 115 for a pair) but they will last you awhile.

I've also been a fan of Rebock shoes in the past. I've gotten some great gym shoes from them too.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Nike Free TR Fit - $85

Most versatile shoe I've found and I do all the exercises you mentioned. Love them!

http://www.zappos.com/nike-free-tr-fit-black-white-volt

On sale for $68.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    New Balance. And if you go to a New Balance store, they will help you pick the best shoe for your needs.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love New Balance 812's. They are great. The only thing I don't use them for is running (I have the NB 993's for this).
  • katyrose221
    katyrose221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Once I started wearing Asics, I have never gone back to another shoe for running and working out. I have never had to "break" a pair in. They can be pricey if bought at sports places (****s, your local athletic store), but I know that Shoe Carnival and DSW and others often have them for 50, 40 or even 30. They might be last years season. If you are really into it (and don't mind the price) the Asics website, and Asics dealers, can actual fit shoes to your foot, like if you have low arches, or other feet ailments. They seem to last a long time, too. A lot of people like Newbalance (my husband wears them), but after wearing Asics all other shoes felt clunky and uncomfortable. You may want to go to one of those pricier stores, try on a few styles, mark down the brand and style info, then look around for them elsewear cheaper.