Just want to feel NORMAL!

Options
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to feel NORMAL?!?!? Am I the only one who feels like, this can't be normal. Contantly thinking about what to eat...not to eat...should I eat?!?!? I don't know when I became this person. All I know is I don't like her. Every day is a constant struggle. :sad:

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    what's normal? normal sounds pretty dull to me. I dont want to be normal, I want to be me.

EDIT: sorry if that sounded unfeeling, wasn't meant to be. Calorie counting will hopefully not last forever. The idea (for me anyway) of this food diary is to learn healthy eating, to the point where it's natural, and I can eat a healthy balanced diet, without looking at a single packet label. It's not easy at first, but then nothing worth doing ever is.
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!
  • MizzLisaj
    Options
    In reality, normal people who are healthy do think about the things that go in their mouths. We have become so accustomed to the laziness of not paying attention to it so that in turn becomes normal. We are all here to support each other. If it wasn't for this site, I think I would have convinced myself last week that this fat body and pretty face is ok for me! Keep up the good work lady!:wink:
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I want the first thing that people notice about me to be something other than my size. That would make ME feel "normal." Hopefully one day.
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    It took a little while for me to become adjusted to this new lifestyle. Because that's what this is, a new lifestyle. Remember you're making a change for the better and that it will take some time to get used to. This is hard work, but it will get easier and become more "normal."
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Nicely said, Kirsty_UK. Normal? I don't think there is such a thing. But for me, for the first time, I'm enjoying this process. This is a great site, I enjoy the people, the conversation, the blogs, I even enjoy inputing my food. I'm learning a lot..considering my "advanced age", you would think i knew a lot of this already. But I've always done Weight Watchers..which told me nothing about calories, salt, cholestrol, carbs and such. This is proving to be a great learning experience..and I'm still struggling with this. But with
    everyone's help here, I will make it...AND SO WILL YOU!!!
    Chin up girl, enjoy the process!
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    whats normal??
    who defines 'normal?
    i am me.. if i need to be obsessed till i am a smaller me.. then so be it
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm a food addict and so I will forever think about what to eat. Like the others have stated, it's not such a bad thing. Logging in does help teach you about foods. Before MFP I will eating without thinking. I didn't want to know how many calories or how much sodium was in food. I didn't want to think about what I was doing to my body. Part of recovery is thinking about it and learning from it. We can't hide from food since it's everywhere. But we can learn to become accountable for our actions and we can learn to take back control. What you are feeling right now, we've all been there. Just stick it out, you will see the results are well worth it. Not only does my body look and feel better, I've increased my life span. I had suffered from chronic back pain and now that I'm 57 pounds lighter, I hadn't had back pain and can do lots of things I never thought was possible for me to do again. Eating healthier and exercising is good for you. You may not want to do it, you may not like it, but it's what your body needs. In time it will become a part of your life and you won't even think about it, you just do it and you will feel great afterward. Surround yourself with positive people who have already lost a large amount of weight. MFP has an abundance of them. They will help motivate and encourage you. In order for this to work, you have to determine in your mind that you are worth it. And no matter what you will succeed. I wish you the best on your journey.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This is actually something I've been dealing with recently. It kills me when I see some of my friends or family members eat without a single worry. They're aware if they gain a pound or two, change their diet for maybe a week and then they're back to where they want to be. However, I have to look at every little thing that goes in my mouth. I don't realize I've gained weight until I can no longer force myself into my favorite jeans or a shirt "suddenly" doesn't fit.

This is, evidently, my normal. I now have to be hyper-conscious of what I'm putting in my body. But, this is a GOOD THING. We're making ourselves aware of just what we are doing to ourselves. I can look and see just how many carbs, how much cholesterol, etc. that I'm putting into my system on a given day. Some of the thinnest people I know wouldn't have a clue as to just what is being put in their bodies.

Sure, it might look hard compared to other people, but you're not them. You're you and that's who you have to take care of and be concerned about. We're on this journey together. If you're ever not feeling "normal," just send me a message. You can do this!
  • wildsun
    wildsun Posts: 24
    Options
    I think by the time you get to the end of your journey, you will have a much different perspective of normal. What I did to make myself so overweight, felt as natural as oxygen at the time, but I was seriously abusing my body!
  • FitMomma0722
    FitMomma0722 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think I just may LOVE this site after all. Thanks everyone for helping me put thing into perspective. I started this day feeling discouraged and now I feel more motivated than ever.
    In time it will become a part of your life and you won't even think about it, you just do it and you will feel great afterward.
    I surely hope so!

The idea (for me anyway) of this food diary is to learn healthy eating, to the point where it's natural, and I can eat a healthy balanced diet, without looking at a single packet label

Me too
    What I did to make myself so overweight, felt as natural as oxygen at the time, but I was seriously abusing my body!

WoW! Talk about perspective! I guess, i'm now looking for a NEW normal. lol
    Sure, it might look hard compared to other people, but you're not them. You're you and that's who you have to take care of and be concerned about

Well said!