Insanity

Options
I've got to ask! What is/are the Insanity Workouts everyone talks about???????

Replies

• tpapka
    tpapka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's a high cardio/strength training DVD. It incorporates cardio with military bootcamp style and athletic moves. It is complete insanity! You should try it sometime, be careful and pace yourself. You muscles will be sore the next day guaranteed!
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My guess is, this what you are looking for...

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/extreme/insanity.do

A friend of mine did it and said it was tougher than P90X, which was a pretty intense 90 day program. (I do P90X 2 weeks at a time. Ninety days is a daunting commitment for me to such a high level workout.) :tongue:

Good luck!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week of Insanity. I highly recommend it, but you should be in fairly good condition before you do. In other words, if you have a hard time with basic physical activity, this probably isn't the workout for you. Personally, I have bad knees and although I can handle the impact of the jumps and lunges in Insanity, I don't have the range of motion to do all of the exercises, such as jumping up and slapping my knees mid-air. I do what I can without injuring myself, and I figure that modifying the exercises to accomodate my range of motion is better than not doing anything at all.