the weekend...AHHHHH!

Options
so. like most weekends I get to see my :love: bf.. (we live 2 hrs apart :frown: ) BUT.... as much fun as it is my eating habits take a turn for the worst. If i go to his place (as i am this weekend)... I am sort of subjected to what he has in the fridge ... NOT GOOD ... he can eat what ever he wants and still look great ... and seems to be under the impression that i can too???? so any advice...? I hate working so hard alll week, droping a few pounds then putting it all on again over the weekend! erg, :explode:

Replies

• keiley
    keiley Posts: 17
    Options
    so. like most weekends I get to see my :love: bf.. (we live 2 hrs apart :frown: ) BUT.... as much fun as it is my eating habits take a turn for the worst. If i go to his place (as i am this weekend)... I am sort of subjected to what he has in the fridge ... NOT GOOD ... he can eat what ever he wants and still look great ... and seems to be under the impression that i can too???? so any advice...? I hate working so hard alll week, droping a few pounds then putting it all on again over the weekend! erg, :explode:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Go on a grocery shopping trip together! I love getting groceries with my bf, he acts like a little kid in the cereals trying to pick the one with the coolest free prize in it! :laugh:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Go on a grocery shopping trip together! I love getting groceries with my bf, he acts like a little kid in the cereals trying to pick the one with the coolest free prize in it! :laugh:

Oh, I second that! Then you can cook together afterwards. So much fun! Have a glass of wine, then enjoy the faboulous meal you made together! :love:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    You guys are killing me with the romance lol

But I agree and third that :noway:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Honesty is the best thing you can do to strenthen your relationship. Discuss it and come up with a plan together. He wants you to look and feel good. While you're at it discuss exercise too. Most guys like that piece.

Just don't expect him to live on 1200 calories a day.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Honesty is the best thing you can do to strenthen your relationship. Discuss it and come up with a plan together. He wants you to look and feel good. While you're at it discuss exercise too. Most guys like that piece.

Just don't expect him to live on 1200 calories a day.

Honesty is the key to a lasting relationship, yep! Hey, and you can "exercise" together, too:bigsmile: :wink: :bigsmile: Ya dig?!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I have that problem, expect my bf lives 10 minutes away. We cook dinner together alot and its hard to compromise when his perfect meal is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, and garlic bread lol. I bring food with me like 100 calorie packs and fruit and diet sodas. Also, check out the Hungry Girl website for some really good low-cal high-taste meals.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Tell him that during the week he can eat what ever he wants, and then if he could just help out on the weekends by eating better...I agree take him shopping or bring some food with you, or eat at places you know that you can eat healthy at. I don'[t breakfast, lunch or snacks should be any problem if you shop before or after you get there. Just plan your meals on your way to his house, and if snacking is the problem read the sex and chocolate post....you'll get some good ideas on burning off chocolate calories!