Hi everyone, Im new :)

Options
Hi everyone,

I was introduced to this from a friend of mine, Im a 29 year old nurse and sadly overweight. I havent always been overweight. My problems started when i was diagnosed with a benign tumour on my pituitary gland at 18 years old, that same year my dad died. With the hormal issues and losing my dad i slowly started to see the weight creeping on despite me being very active. 3 years later i was diagnosed with polycystic overies (PCOS) and the weight increased. I have tried one particular diet (slimming world) which really worked for me. I lost 2 stone in 12 weeks and felt amazing. The only reason i left is because i'd just qualified as a nurse and I am finding it difficult to find time with work and home life. I have met an amazing guy who is really supportive and we get married in 2 years and also want a family. Although he supports me and tries to understand, because he's always been slim I dont think he understands just how hard it is for me and how I actually feel being overweight. I'm hoping that being on here i will find support from people experiencing similar to myself, and I hope that maybe i can provide that support to others too. Hope to meet some new friends......chat soon.
Emma x

Replies

• kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    Hey Emma, sounds like you've been through a lot! Welcome to the forums and good luck with your goals!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi Emma,
    I am guessing you are in the UK since you have been on Slimming World. I am in the US and on Slimming World as well but the US version. I too have found this to be the only plan that works for me. I have been on hundreds of diets but SW has helped me blast away those pounds (still working on it as we speak) but it's always allowed me to make this plan to be a life style change.

It is hard when someone in your homelife doesn't understand your struggles. I deal with the same issues as well.

MFP has been a great place for support ! I hope you find it as useful and fun as I have. We are all here for you.

Tam
  • loodoo87
    loodoo87 Posts: 33
    Options
    HI Emma
    Feel free to add me as a friend we can encourage each other. x
  • Emmalou822
    Options
    Thanks :happy: Its great knowing that i'm not on my own with it.
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hi my husband is also very slim and has never had a weight problem i try telling him that me losing weight is like him quitting smoking but he just doesnt really get it... ive sent a friend request if interested x