Bar code scanner on phone app!

Options
I just found out that there is a bar code scanner on the app for my phone!? It is the little funny symbol that looks like a messed up pound (#) sign next to the maginfing glass to search for food. That is going to be a life saver while I am out and about!

Did you know about it? Are you excited to learn that feature is there?

Replies

• Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have been on the program for a week and that is what sold me on using the app in the first place! So easy to just scan and go!! Takes the guess work out of it! Love it!
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    Is this just on the iphone? Or can blackberry users get in on this action??
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Where? I don't think I have that (iPhone) I just have the magnifying glass, you're talking about the MFP app, right?
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have it on my Droid...its such a great tool to have on the go ! :flowerforyou:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    What phone. I don't see it on my Iphone.
  • lanerichardson
    Options
    I have it on my motorola backflip which runs on android. its a great time safer and the guess work is gone
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Where? I don't think I have that (iPhone), you're talking about the MFP app, right?

I have an android phone not the iphone....

when I go to add food and the search box is displayed look to the right of the maginfing glass. The light blue #### sign is it! I had no idea. I would think if you have a camera it should work.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I dont have an iphone, I have the Droid Incredible. When you go to search your food it is directly to the right of the search symbol....at least it is on my phone!
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't seem to have that but I really really want it!
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I found the app first and use it on my Andriod phone.

Here is the link regarding the mobile apps: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have it on my motorola backflip which runs on android. its a great time safer and the guess work is gone

I've got a phone that runs on android.... what's the app's name? How do you find it?
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I have the android and the bar code scanner is what brought me to MFP!!! LOVE IT!
    However my friends with the....iPhone do not have it ..... sorry!
    I don't know abt BBs app.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it but you have to double check that it's finding the right item and the nutritional stuff is right. It's been wrong a couple times for me.
  • richiedbond
    Options
    I just checked my iPhone and I dont see it when I go to search for food. This makes me sad. I also checked for updates and there are none for that app.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I have it on my Android and love it when it works:happy: ... feel like throwing the phone when it doesn't! :sad:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I LOVE it but you have to double check that it's finding the right item and the nutritional stuff is right. It's been wrong a couple times for me.

I will watch for that... thanks for the heads up!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I found the app first and use it on my Andriod phone.

Here is the link regarding the mobile apps: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile

I know the mobile apps will help a lot of people!!! I found the app first too! :bigsmile:
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Is this available on the IPhone?
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    That might be the single best feature ever! I try to add most of my foods via that, so that I know they are accurate
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Had a question posted here but I figured it out so deleted.