Dannon Greek Yogurt

Options
I am trying to eat healthy and I am having a Dannon greek yogurt with blueberries on the bottom. As I am eating it, it is making my mouth dry out. Have anyone of you had this happen to you before?

Replies

• BriannaSkye
    BriannaSkye Posts: 135
    Options
    I havent had that but Chabani (sp) greek yogurt is Amazing :)
  • mrswaltz
    mrswaltz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not with the blueberry, but the Dannon "Greek" yogurt is very chalky, if you ask me. I avoid it as much as possible - can you get Chobani instead? My husband swears by their blueberry...!
  • PegJ
    PegJ Posts: 7
    Options
    My mouth didn't dry out but it left a funny after taste. I switched to Oikos and didn't have the issue. Chiobani was good too. Danon just didn't taste right to me.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am up for trying different kinds and will try the Chobani next. I love the taste of it, but just dries out my mouth.
  • lipt8611
    lipt8611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    don't know specifically about dannon but do yourself a favor and buy PLAIN greek yogurt (much lower in sugar and cals) and add your own fruits/cinnamon/truvia etc
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I had that this morning and never had a problem before. In fact it is my favorite out of the Dannon yogurts. Have you had any water?
  • paubanda
    paubanda Posts: 34
    Options
    yea, Dannon sucks! try another brand!
  • HoopFire5602
    Options
    don't know specifically about dannon but do yourself a favor and buy PLAIN greek yogurt (much lower in sugar and cals) and add your own fruits/cinnamon/truvia etc

it's only 120 cals.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Dannon was the first one I tried, didn't care for it too much. I do however love yoplait Greek. Haven't yet tried chobani so I can't relate.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Dannon Greek Yogurt is not real greek yogurt. Lots of sugar! Stick to the other brands! Let me find you the article about it...it's Greek style yogurt, not as healthy as the real thing!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Chobani is awesome, especially the blueberry, and I love all the Fage Greek yogurts. I like the Fage 2% plain, and I add my own blueberries and/or granola.
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    god i love greek style yogurt...so thick and creamy... mmmmm
  • Onesnap
    Options
  • HoopFire5602
    Options

I eat it everyday and still lost 10 lbs, so it's not that bad.
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love Fage !
  • kehowe83
    kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    chobani 0% greek, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup fiber one cerial... AWSOME!!!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    HoopFire5602,

Not saying it's bad per se. Just saying it's not REALLY Greek yogurt. It's really not. If it works for you, eat it. And remember, it can work in your daily cals on MFP but it's better to stick to REAL Greek yogurt to see the benefits. I think fake yogurt does more harm than good. I try to stick to Organic yogurt with out all the additives. To take a healthy product (Greek yogurt can be used in the place of sour cream when you cook) and make it unhealthy with that much sugar is just wrong.
  • kerri76
    kerri76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fage is great! Chobani is good too!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Yes, and Fage and Chobani are real Greek yogurts. So actually good for you!
  • HoopFire5602
    Options
    HoopFire5602,

Not saying it's bad per se. Just saying it's not REALLY Greek yogurt. It's really not. If it works for you, eat it. And remember, it can work in your daily cals on MFP but it's better to stick to REAL Greek yogurt to see the benefits. I think fake yogurt does more harm than good. I try to stick to Organic yogurt with out all the additives. To take a healthy product (Greek yogurt can be used in the place of sour cream when you cook) and make it unhealthy with that much sugar is just wrong.

Is the Oikos organic? I absolutley hated the taste of it. I'm kind of limited when it comes to yogurt, being in the backwoods of MS and all. I pretty much just get what I can.