Who loves Panera Bread?!

Options
I just came across something really awesome! If you go to www.paneranutritiona.com you can actually select you meal, including all of the fixings, and it will tell you exactly how many calories, g of fat, etc...

Surprisingly I can get a You Pick Two, sandwich and salad for only 660 calories. I can put that away eating my Smart Ones and snacks. Of course I would only do this on a day where there is exercise, which is today so Panera here I come!

Replies

• anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    good to know! we have a lunchon at work tomrrow and normally we have panera!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    mmmm, LOVE panera!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I love Panera, hate the RIDIC amounts of sodium they have in EVERYTHING lol
    I could eat a baguette everyday :D
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I love Panera! I'm a big fan of their Greek Salad (with a half serving of dressing). Every Thursday, my office gets Panera for breakfast. I go for the chocolate pastry! It's 400 calories, but I always make up for the indulgence with a light and healthy lunch.
  • SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love Panera... Good to know. Thank you for sharing.
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    A bowl of their blackbean soup is a great meal in and of itself, with an apple as your sidedish. Under 500 calories, filling and satisfying. :)
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love Panera!! But I also love their soup which can be super high in Sodium!!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to work there! The website is a really good tool, but a lot of things that are low cal and low fat (like the low fat chicken noodle soup for example) and PACKED with sodium. It's nice to go there every once in a while but I make sure I haven't had too much sodium the rest of the day to make up for it!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    The sodium content is a bummer.
    I was on Pita Pits website, realllllly wanted a pita.
    So they have a tool where you can build your own pita and see the nutritional content..
    I finished, 385 calories, yay! Then I looked at the sodium 2000 MGS!!! Umm NO thank you! LOL
    That's like a whole days worth plus some :(
    I used to work there! The website is a really good tool, but a lot of things that are low cal and low fat (like the low fat chicken noodle soup for example) and PACKED with sodium. It's nice to go there every once in a while but I make sure I haven't had too much sodium the rest of the day to make up for it!
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good to know about their nutrition calculator. We get food from there sometimes, I love the bread bowls with soup.

Chipotle is my other favorite of the chains, and there's a "fan" page with a nutrition calculator: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    Good to know about their nutrition calculator. We get food from there sometimes, I love the bread bowls with soup.

Chipotle is my other favorite of the chains, and there's a "fan" page with a nutrition calculator: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

thank you so much for that Chipotle link! I just calculated out my usual bowl and it was only 390 calories. Wahoo! I can eat there as many times a week as I want for lunch. :)
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I ate their yesterday and had the Thai chicken salad. If you don't eat the bread that comes with it then it is less than 400 calories, and that includes EVERYTHING in it (wontons, dressing, etc.). It was huuuuuuuuge too. Yummy.
  • steve4580
    steve4580 Posts: 32
    Options
    The drug reps bring Panera almost every week to my workplace. Last week I indulged in a chocolate chip cookie BEFORE checking MFP. I was shocked to learn that the cookie was 440 calories. I won't do that again!