Green Tea Supplemnets?

Options
Has anyone tried the Mega Green Tea Supplements? I bought some yesterday (a 15day supply) I thought I would see if they "really do boost the metabolism and help with weight loss" I am sticking to my plan on eating better and exercising, I haven't lost over 3 pounds since I have started on this forum, I was hoping for at least a pound a week.

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I try to drink green tea as much as possible. Usually a few days a week.

I don't think I've noticed much difference in my metabolism, but it does make me feel full after a meal.
    Thats why i prefer to drink tea instead of take the pills.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill out there. If you want to boost your metabolism switch up your exercise routine. We didnt get fat over night, so we wont get skinny overnight from a pill.
    And NO, they dont work...
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Ive been using a Green Tea Extract from GNC for about a month or 2. Im not trying to lose weight just figured it was something else to add to my supplements.

What are you doing for excercise?
  • mferrari2
    Options
    Green tea helps, Im not sure about the pills but a girl i work with has been drinking a lot of green tea and it has helped her to lose over 10 pounds =) good luck with it though!
  • dogluvr73
    dogluvr73 Posts: 17
    Options
    I usually walk, I up my walking I will run then back to walking (3.5-4mph) then run again or sometimes I just walk at about 3.5mph at a 9% incline on the treadmill, or if it's nice out I walk a few miles with the dog at a local trail I also do ab exercises on a machine I have. PLus my normal cleaning around the house etc..
  • CWRose
    CWRose Posts: 62
    Options
    The green tea isn't meant to be a magic pill, it is simply a fat mobilizing assistant. It helps to break up the fat so it will burn off more efficiently, thats all. Boosting the metabolism is great but breaking up the fat, I think, is better. Let know how it works out for ya! :)
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've been using it more or less the whole time I have been on MFP. I haven't used it so much lately and I think I might be going back to it. It's not so much that it does anything magic. It just seems to help me control my appetite a little.