help get rid of that sweet tooth

Options
Till about 2 weeks ago, I did not crave junk food or sugar. Fruit or yogurt was enough to subside any sugar cravings. But for the last two weeks I have been going to weddings, visiting with friends from out of town, and have eaten a lot junk food and sweets. Now I can't seem to stop! Every afternoon all I want is junk food. Berries or peaches won't cut it anymore.

I don't like this one bit.

HELP!

Replies

• AlisonMCross
    AlisonMCross Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Till about 2 weeks ago, I did not crave junk food or sugar. Fruit or yogurt was enough to subside any sugar cravings. But for the last two weeks I have been going to weddings, visiting with friends from out of town, and have eaten a lot junk food and sweets. Now I can't seem to stop! Every afternoon all I want is junk food. Berries or peaches won't cut it anymore.

I don't like this one bit.

HELP!
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the DEVIL! I think of it like heroine.... that is way you can't stop. Food companies put chemicals in them so we want more and continue to buy more of the crap. Sugar takes control . I'm the same way once I start it's hard to stop. So many people start their day with coffee and add sugar so right away they want more and more...it's never ending...I just think of it as a poison....would you eat poison...NO.....so try to think of it like this and I bet you want less of it...and the less you have the less you want. Go for the natural sugars like FRUIT. You have already lost 41 lbs...obviously you are doing many things RIGHT!!! Hang in there...and get the sugar out of your system...GOOD LUCK!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    It'll make your teeth look like this...

Renteeth.jpg

I wish that fib my parents told me had deterred me...I have a severe sweet tooth.
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I know what you mean...My family came over this summer, and they were wanting all kinds of junk food, I gave in, and ended up gaining back what I had lost, they left and I continued. I took matters in my own hands - when I go shopping i get what i want then check how many cals. it has per serving, and how many servings are within, for some reason, i decided that is more then what i burn when excersising, so I end up leaving it. I also had to start drinking more water then before, just to get the sugar out of me.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • sdjurek
    sdjurek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my sweet tooth is helped by eating beets- theyre very sweet (hence beet sugar) and very fiborous. If you juice veggies they're a great addition to carrot apple juice or when boiled or roasted go very well with pasta or in a salad.
    If all else fails have a spoonful of nutella (or dip your fuit in it). It's a nice indulgence if you can manage to have just one teaspoon. :happy:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I :heart: love :heart: Zone Perfect® - Snack Size Bars Chocolate Peanut Butter (it's in the database). For me, they are as satisfying as a Snickers bar.
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    It'll make your teeth look like this...

Renteeth.jpg

I wish that fib my parents told me had deterred me...I have a severe sweet tooth.

:laugh: :laugh: OMG! I love Ren and Stimpy!!!:laugh: