Tracking veggies

Options
Do you track the non-starch veggies you eat? I know in Weight Watchers most veggies are free of points. So I'm wondering should I track non-starch veggies such as a cup of lettuce for my salad?

Replies

• Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I do since I am trying to eat more of them and I want a record when I do.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. I track whatever I eat. It's not about calories or points for me, but about nutrition.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I track everything I eat.
  • hatchhome
    hatchhome Posts: 65
    Options
    I only track because looking back at my day I want to have it all on the table. I find it helps. More you track the more honest you will be with yourself.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Track everything! That way it is all listed and if you are working with someone you can always look to see how much of what you are eating!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I usually track everything, but I do find myself wondering what is the point in adding rocket when it comes out at 8 cals per 100g. I do sometimes skip adding salad if I don't have any oil on it. The calories are negligible, it probably burns more walking to my computer.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I track everything including those veggies!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I think it's especially nice to track veggies because it helps you make sure you're getting some good fiber :)
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I only track because looking back at my day I want to have it all on the table. I find it helps. More you track the more honest you will be with yourself.

ditto!
    :smile:
  • thogue29
    thogue29 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I do, because I'm trying to meet certain goals on vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I track everything. I also try to make sure I eat 1.5 servings of veggies whenever I eat them to make sure I am eating more veggies. This works well for me.
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    i do. because although a cup of lettuce may only be 30 calories that is 30 calories that come out of your daily allowance.

and i do not want to go over. lol.

goodluck!
  • lipt8611
    lipt8611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i do. because although a cup of lettuce may only be 30 calories that is 30 calories that come out of your daily allowance.

and i do not want to go over.

this is exactly my attitude! for me, every calorie counts. also, i agree with earlier posts- i like to be able to look back on everything i ate during the day- what a great way to be able to say "wow, look how much i ate for so few calories!"
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I agree with the rest- I track everything- to hold myself accountable! I just left WW online. Although you did not have to track most fruits and vegetables- that was up to 5 servings in a day only. My weight begin to barely budge with WW tracking. When I began to use MFP- the nutritional info helped me see that my cup of pasta sauce met most of my veggies and fruit requirement for the day. With WW online tracking- I would have added 'free' fruits and veggies not realizing I should have added the 30-100 points a piece into my plan. I have had much quicker results tracking calories...
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I REALLY don't like veggies, so I track them just to give myself a bit of a pat on the back. Like "HA! I ate those veggies today! Sure did!" xD
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    WW have allocated a certain number of calories for vegetables before they tell you the points you are allowed. This is not done on this site, so you need to log them.
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You can eat as many veggies as you want - that's what I've heard. I can't imagine a person getting fat from eating too much lettuce ;P
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes...I track ALL my food because I follow the Paleo diet...and keeping my carbs low ( 80grams at most) gets me to burn more fat :happy: