Skin

Options
Okay so I'm new, so I am so sorry if this has been posted before.

So I have the dunlap disease...you know the dunlap of fat that hangs over my c-section scar. Is there anyway to help so that loose skin doesn't just hang as I lose weight?

Also are there any skin lotions or things you have heard of that help? Exercises?

My tummy is my only real concern.

Replies

• chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    Okay so I'm new, so I am so sorry if this has been posted before.

So I have the dunlap disease...you know the dunlap of fat that hangs over my c-section scar. Is there anyway to help so that loose skin doesn't just hang as I lose weight?

Also are there any skin lotions or things you have heard of that help? Exercises?

My tummy is my only real concern.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that....but I'd ask a good dermatologist if maybe a firming cream would help some....
    oh and wieghts and ab work would most likely make the area smaller...but I'm not sure if the skin would shrink too....hmmm

big hugs and best of luck!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You're skin should bounce back fairly well, but it might take a year or so after you lose the weight. Generally people under 40 do rather well, but after 40 the sags remain. Certainly moisturiser would be a good thing to keep your skin healthy.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I had a c section as well.. and the skin on my tummy seems to be going down. Granted I've only lost 35lbs so that isn't much, but my tummy is slowly goin down and the skin is going back. I use shea butter on my tummy and thighs to keep them nice and smooth. Once you lose so much then who knows, but I do hear that since we are still young, our skin should just go back to normal.. with few exceptions in some places of course. That's just life. haha

Good Luck!