easy lunch and dinner ideas?

mtasleem
mtasleem Posts: 49
edited September 26 in Recipes
I find myself always having the same lunch (tuna sandwich) and same type of dinner (baked chicken or salmon with a side of salad or potato). Do anyone have any suggestions of what else I could have for lunch and/ or dinner? I usually do 300-350 cals for lunch and 400-450 cals for dinner. Im not that great of a cook, so they would have to be easy and simple. Any help would greatly be appreciated! :)

Replies

• Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Taco salad, black bean nachos, chicken marinated in light Italian dressing, spaghetti with whole grain pasta... I have two kids and a busy schedule so I never cook anything that takes too long or has to really be tended.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    any meal is an easy lunch if you prepare it the night before ;)
  • Shredded Chicken Whole Wheat Tacos or Taco Salad ...Healthy, yummy, and EASY!

4 to 6 Chicken Breasts
    1 Taco Seasoning Packet
    1 can of diced tomatoes

Slow cook all day until chicken shreds. Place on whole wheat tortilla shell or on top of salad greens for taco salad! Enjoy!!

Feel free to "friend" me anyone for calorie free food for thought posts each day ;)
  • My favorite is a grilled chicken breast with a bit of goat cheese and brushetta (basically tomotoes and basil) on top with a side of brown rice. It's about 350-400 cal
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    egg salad sandwich is fast and easy. nuts and raisons as a side and you should be good to go for lunch. I tend to have the same problem with supper meals also. I can never think of anything and I hate to cook. So i try to eat a heavier meal for lunch and then something fast and easy for supper.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Grab a baked chicken from the store or better yet Costco if you have one. Toss the skin! Have dinner with a Veggie, skip the potato, salad is ok, just watch the dressing. Then you have chicken for a chicken salad for lunch or a chicken sandwich, chicken chunks on a salad. Any more left overs are good for Chicken Stir Fry or Fajitas, just watch what and how much you put on it.
  • singingmom
    singingmom Posts: 29 Member
    for lunch sometimes I will have a chicken taco on corn tortilla. Pan fry or grill a chicken breast, slice in strips, put on 2-3 corn tortillas top with salsa, lettuce, onion, hot sauce. Just make the chicken the night before and pack everything up to bring to work.

Easy dinner is sloppy joes on healthy life buns just buy the mccormick sloppy joe mix and use 93/7 ground beef its not bad for you and easy this is good w corn on the cob.

Another dinner is pan fried or grilled hamburgers again using 93/7 beef and healthy life buns add veggies and mustard and have with a veggie like corn, peas etc.
  • SMOOTHIE SHAKE:
    cup of skin milk
    1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
    1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
    1/2 serv whey protine
    I also add benefiber & glucoseamein (sp)
    add enough water so it all mixes in the blender nice an smooth! nom nom!
    you can do pretty much anything in a blender!

Turkey tacos on whole wheat tortilla

Spaghetti with whole grain noodles!

turkey burger in whole wheat 1/2 bun!

pretty much ANYTHING just use your best judgement for serving size!
  • theadz01
    theadz01 Posts: 6 Member
    I love soup at lunchtime, just keep a check on the calorie content, some soups can be pretty unhealthy.
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Bump
This discussion has been closed.