Weight = Age?

Options
I didn't really know where to post this so I figured under motivation would be a safe bet.

Tell me if it's just me who thinks this but I've noticed from looking at before and after pictures that in the before pictures people tend to look older than their ages then in the after pictures they look so much younger.

I can't remember who's progress I was looking at but I recall them in their before picture they looked about 37+ the after picture floored me it was an amazing and inspirational transformation and I swear this woman looked to be at least in her late teens her actual age? She was 25.

I've always been a bigger girl and I've always been told that I look much older than I actually am, for example at 11 I was refused a kids menu at a restaurant because the waiter thought I was 16. Today I'm 19 and have been out of highschool for only 2 years yet I have people who talk to me about their highschool days and turn to me adn say things like "Oh but that was so long ago gosh its been 10 years but you know how it is how long have you been out of school, 6-7 years?"

So here's my question for you all; does your weight determine your aesthetic age?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I've been told my after picture makes me look younger.
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I have been thinking the same thing and I feel like the more weight I lose the younger people think I am it's mega weird. People always used to say to me when I was 217 pounds but 19 in age no way you can't be 19 you're like 25 or something and I'd always get loadsa older creeps coming up to me. But now people actually guess I'm like 20 which is like a 5 year difference lol. And i'm not even at goal weight yet.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    While it can depend on the person, I find that generally young people (ages early 20s on down) tend to look much older when obese. I was just thinking of this last night as I watched the television show "Too Fat for 15." On the show, two of the most obese kids are about 400 pounds and both look much, much older than their 17 years.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I was told TWICE today that I look younger now that I've lost some weight.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight, I never got ID'd but now that I'm half way there I get ID'd everywhere! even just walking into the lounge at restaurants. :P
  • cassiex10
    cassiex10 Posts: 40
    Options
    I think when you lose weight & are healthier, you just have that youthful look that comes back. Almost like a glow.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    most definitely. weight puts strains on everything...bones, muscle, organs, skin. so it makes sense it would make us appear older. people are surprised to hear i am only 35 and that drives me nuts. i am beginning to look younger (well more my age) and I love it. and not only that...i feel younger too!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with that - people have been assuming I was 30 for at least 5 years (I'm 29). Now, I've been getting 27. Much better!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. There have been a couple of Biggest Loser contestants who I thought looked a lot older AFTER they lost the weight.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I was told TWICE today that I look younger now that I've lost some weight.

Lol, make that 3 times--just got another!
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    All I can say is Amen to a younger you my friends, rock the loss and the glow that comes with being a more confident healthier you.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Not sure If I look older or younger. I know I have some loose skin I'd like to lose....but besides that, I'm very happy because I feel pretty great!
  • r99samigrl
    Options
    I think its true. Everyone on here seems to have the same experience. I have lost 25lbs in the last 18 months and recently got asked if I was over 18 (I'm 25). 2 of my friends (who are heavier set) were recently asked if they were my parents. I think weight must age us more than we realize!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So true. I've had people actually get mad at me when I wouldn't admit to being in my 30s. I was 19 at the time. :sad:

Even know, combine looks with being married for 6 years (well one week away...) and having three kids, no one ever believes I'm only 24. :blushing:

But, since working out regularly people have commented I look younger. *shrugs*
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think people can look younger as they lose weight but i find if you go too far it can age you.
    Right now im not sure if i look younger or not but i feel younger.