BUTT KICKED TODAY....Not sure what happened.

Options
Hmmm took supplements this am, had high protein breakfast (omelet, mushroom, bacon), very small fruit cup of fresh pineapples/strawberries and spinach salad for lunch with lite vinagette dressing. Well get home and core synergistics KICKS MY BUTT!!! So much more than this past tuesday. Man I couldn't hang at all!!!

I haven't analyzed what happened yet, but I will after shower. Please chime in!!!

Replies

• p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    Hmmm took supplements this am, had high protein breakfast (omelet, mushroom, bacon), very small fruit cup of fresh pineapples/strawberries and spinach salad for lunch with lite vinagette dressing. Well get home and core synergistics KICKS MY BUTT!!! So much more than this past tuesday. Man I couldn't hang at all!!!

I haven't analyzed what happened yet, but I will after shower. Please chime in!!!
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Be careful these ladies will only chime in on the shower today. Watch out for Crystal and Tami ecspecially.

You are making me feel quilty b/c I have not done a thing this week. I am hitting Monday though.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Did you just start this program? Maybe your body is just a little tired from the new program? Might just need a little bit of time to adjust? Maybe you already expended your energy earlier in the day and your body just couldn't do it for you? Too many reasons and only you know!

It's interesting all the information I read and that I can get my hands on, just how much of it is based on real facts and what is based on opinion. I usually just end up asking my doctor, but even then they can only say what they can say so that they are not sued later on.
    But...somewhere I heard that it's not good to work your body at 90% everyday. That it's better to work it at 90% three times a week, then at a moderate pace the rest of week.

What's even more interesting is how do atheletes or even those people from the biggest loser do it? I think we all can do it and that the vast majority of our problems stem from something in the brain and how we think. I think just by changing the way you think you can overcome so many problems.
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    So...did you analyze yourself in the shower? What did you come up with? :tongue:

I'm teasing ya....
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    So...did you analyze yourself in the shower? What did you come up with? :tongue:

I'm teasing ya....
    The defense rests.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

It doesn't sound like you had enough carbs - remember carbs are the body's main source of energy (once it is converted into glucose, ofc). If I go super low on carbs, I basically go into a coma - NO energy! :laugh: (I lasted 2 hours on Atkins - seriously!)

Before I work out, I eat 1/2 a Clif Bar - it is high in both protein and carbs...keeps me from hitting a wall. Or you could do a slice of whole wheat bread and peanut butter.

p.s. I wanted to add that it should be a complex carb not simple carb. Fruit is awesome, but most are not complex carbs.
  • bodibykelli
    Options

I'm teasing ya....

Almost peed myself :laugh:
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Huh oh, what did I do here :tongue:

Yes I analyzed what may have happened LOL

No I'm not new at this, I'm in my 4th week and this was my second time doing core synergistics.
  • p90x_Dude
    Options

It doesn't sound like you had enough carbs - remember carbs are the body's main source of energy (once it is converted into glucose, ofc). If I go super low on carbs, I basically go into a coma - NO energy! :laugh: (I lasted 2 hours on Atkins - seriously!)

Before I work out, I eat 1/2 a Clif Bar - it is high in both protein and carbs...keeps me from hitting a wall. Or you could do a slice of whole wheat bread and peanut butter.

p.s. I wanted to add that it should be a complex carb not simple carb. Fruit is awesome, but most are not complex carbs.

I thought about that, this week I've been working after work so I've been eating 1/2 banana, 1 slice of wheat bread with a thin layer of peanut butter. I didn't do that today, so that's the only thing I've done differently this week.
  • p90x_Dude
    Options

I'm teasing ya....

Almost peed myself :laugh:

Yep, guess I set up myself up for that one
  • p90x_Dude
    Options

I'm teasing ya....
    The defense rests.

:laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think you're a bit low in carbs. Core Syn is a tough one, it's a recovery week workout but it still works you! Gotta love those prison cell pushups!! Make sure to get in a good recovery drink or a good ratio of carb/ protein to refuel when you're done also!

Keep pushing play!

Jess
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I'm about to go get my *kitten* kicked by Kenpo!!!!!
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Yep, I think you're a bit low in carbs. Core Syn is a tough one, it's a recovery week workout but it still works you! Gotta love those prison cell pushups!! Make sure to get in a good recovery drink or a good ratio of carb/ protein to refuel when you're done also!

Keep pushing play!

Jess

Yep after further review considering I got the same amount of sleep, no new stress, I just didn't get some carba before the workout.

Thanks and I definitely will keep pushing play
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I'm about to go get my *kitten* kicked by Kenpo!!!!!

come on Rach YOU CAN DO IT!!! You'll do fine, learn from mistake though.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Be careful these ladies will only chime in on the shower today. Watch out for Crystal and Tami ecspecially.

You are making me feel quilty b/c I have not done a thing this week. I am hitting Monday though.

hey hey hey now! Tami and I are very nice young ladies. It's Shannon and Soupers you gotta watch out for! :laugh:

Since the question is out there... how did the shower go? :tongue:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

hey hey hey now! Tami and I are very nice young ladies. It's Shannon and Soupers you gotta watch out for! :laugh:

Shannon is the Gutter Queen... isn't that right Shannon honey?

Someone say shower?:huh:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options

Shannon is the Gutter Queen... isn't that right Shannon honey?

Someone say shower?:huh:

Thank you! See I speak (er type) the truths! :laugh:
    Are we ever goin to find out what happened durin shower time?! :noway:
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    I know I'm still waiting.....:yawn:
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Okay, blackman blushing. The shower was great and I believe I got to root of what may have happened. It's never happened before, so I'l make sure I get a shot of carbs before the workout.