How should I record my walking?

Options
Hey there! I'm been consistently walking/jogging a 3K in 30minutes or less,but I'm not sure how to enter it into my diary since it's all added by mph.

Can anyone give me an indication of how I should be entering this in? I know that this isn't impressive, but I want to make sure that I'm not over estimating or under estimating. Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    1 mph = 1.609344 kph
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    3k in 30 minutes would be 3.7 mph.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You're really hoofing it! WTG!

You can do it a couple of different ways. You can use 100 calories per mile, which would put you at roughly 200 calories. Or, you can go by your pace, which is around 2mph for 30 minutes.

*sorry, I thought you said 5K at first for some reason, so I had to come back and edit.*
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Well, 3k= 1.86 miles. So you walk 3.72 miles per hour (1.86 in 30 minutes x 2). Use that. :)
  • CartoonChris
    Options
    3K = 1.864 miles. Since it took you 30 minutes you multiply by 2 (for 60 minutes) = 3.728 mph

So you'll put in Walking at 3.5 mph for 30 minutes under Cardiovascular Exercise (it'll figure out the calories for you based on your current weight).
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    Thank you everyone! That is exactly what I needed to know. I hope you all have wonderful days. :)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me an indication of how I should be entering this in? I know that this isn't impressive, but I want to make sure that I'm not over estimating or under estimating. Thanks! :happy:

HRM = Eliminate guessing and calculations.
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    The plan is to pick one up. I'm doing some research, but any suggestions you have would be appreciated. :happy:
  • Sphillips9686
    Options
    :smile: you should by a pedometer and wear it through out the day it counts your steps and let you know how many calories you are burning
  • Airick18
    Airick18 Posts: 2
    Options
    http://www.endomondo.com/login

Requires GPS so it might not work indoors for you.
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    Man I am so confused haha........yesterday I walked 10.5km in 95 minutes and logged it as 4.0mph....am I way off base....??
    Sorry to threadjack ;)
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Man I am so confused haha........yesterday I walked 10.5km in 95 minutes and logged it as 4.0mph....am I way off base....??
    Sorry to threadjack ;)

That comes out to 4.121 mph.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    HRM = Wonderful Mother's Day Gift Idea.

I'm just sayin' :)
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    Sorry to threadjack ;)

That comes out to 4.121 mph.

THANK YOU so much :)

And yes I want a HRM.