Does everyone fill out their tracker, every day?

Options

Replies

• JellyPrz619
    JellyPrz619 Posts: 172
    Options
    IF possible i fill it out before i eat my meal .. just to see if ill be satisfied with how many calories ill be consuming. ill also be able to make any changes if necessary
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input

I just found if this was all about changing habits and trying to stick with something (for me) I would do the same routine if possible every day.

Write a short blog with some good intentions and then as I have one cup of coffee to wake up (new habit, I cut to one cup) ...fill out the tracker for the day (make adjustments as they happen if I need to as the day goes on ...I also have the app) and pretty much just stick to the plan the whole day.

It is very easy to not have to think much about it once I fill it out in the morning. I like the calories remaining part for the snacks, too. Helps me plan them.

anyway...thanks for giving some voice to it :smile: ...wondered how others were using the tools.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I fill it out every day even if its not pretty. I am just now starting to journal ahead a bit. I think this approach will help me balance me day a little better.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I fill mine out after I have eaten, sometimes at the end of the day.

Always fill it out accurately though, if I've gone over, I've gone over - gonna log it anyways! Luckily not too many of those days!

Sometimes if it gets to the end of the day, i'll put in a cookie or something, and if it takes me over, I'll either exercise to make it up, or just not eat it!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I usually fill it out in the morning when I plan out my meals then I make adjustments if needed. I find it even more helpful to fill it out on those days that I did not do as well because then I have a visual.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I try to fill it all out ahead of time. Then I know how many calories I have to play with.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I use the app. on my phone and fill it out as I go along. Some days, if I know I'm having a big meal later, or already had one, I'll enter in the rest of the day's food and play with it to see what combination will work best to help me still meet my goals.
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the tracker. I enter into it after every food I eat, and exercise I do. It the best way to know where i'm at with my daily targets and whether I can have that snack or not.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I fill it out as I go. I eat something, I log it.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I fill it out everyday, usually after I eat. However, I have tried planning out the NEXT day a few times, and it has really helped me stay on track for that day- I kind of feel like if it's already down, I must eat it and not add anything else, which works for me!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I fill mine out every morning and use it as a budget so that I can make adjustments throughout the day.

Usually, by early afternoon I can start making the hard decisions on how dinner and any snacking has to be modified.

My big problem pre-mfp was having my calories sneak up on me, this method gives me some discipline.
  • Janeta58
    Janeta58 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I fill it out every day ... even managed to do it while I was away this past Easter weekend although I did get the lunch/dinner mixed up on the two days.
    I like up2metolose20's idea of not doing it on Sundays: not a cheat day but rather a day to see if she can keep on track. This will be a good tool for me to use once I reach GW and learn to eat without regaining.
    :smile:
  • Doberwomann
    Options
    I fill mine out everyday as im going along x but i think now im going to plan ahead to avoid potential disasters x
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Since I pretty much eat the same things for breakfast and lunch I fill those out first thing in the morning, that way I know how much wiggle room I have for dinner and any snacks during the day. It really helps me to stay on track because I'm not mindlessly grazing, I have to think whether it is worth is to grab a few M&Ms or go for something healthier. Even though I eat what I want on Sundays I still track just out of curiosity.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri, I fill it out for the whole day in the morning if I can (don't always know what's for dinner).
    Saturday and Sunday, I write everything down at home and then fill it in on Monday morning. At first that meant I wasn't always great about sticking to my daily totals but I've learned my limits and do my best to stay within them by making better choices. Plus, I've worked a cheat day into my plan so if I go over a few hundred calories one day, it's no big deal.
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    Great topic - I'm new but I know from past efforts - if I log it, I don't overeat. If I don't, I tend to cheat BIG.

I really like the idea of logging it in before I eat it. Damage control - and I like the idea of pre-planning, but I'm not there yet. For now, just committing to logging in everything seems a bit daunting. I love this site!!!!
  • scottwhatever
    Options
    When I first started using the app on my phone I was doing it religiously after every meal. But sadly, I've lapsed over the past few months...

I've still been on my diet and exercise program but just haven't put in the discipline to record everything every day...something I must remedy, me thinks...
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I always fill mine out, every day. First thing in the morning I put in my coffee and what I want for dessert that night so I know where I am. If I know what I am having for lunch (Mon-Fri I bring my lunch) then I log that first thing as well. I then can play around with my dinner and also determine how many glasses of milk I can drink when I go home.

I am an accountant so this to me is like my budgets at home and work. I get to see the affects of different foods, snack and drinks on my overall performance. I know where I can cut and where I can go over a little.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first few days because it was fun like a new toy, but then I slacked off. Mainly it was because I didn't want to spend the time on it. I was fine with logging breakfast and lunch because I eat the same breakfasts and snacks during the workday. I also take the same lunches each week. It's a different lunch for each day, but each day has it's designated lunch. However, I cook dinner completely or mostly from scratch everyday and unlike my workday food, there's lots more variety. I got frustrated with having to log every ingredient.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I usually fill it out as I go. Sometimes I try to do it in advance, but since May 7th (I think), I've done it every day. I keep telling myself I'm gonna take a day off from tracking (like on my birthday), but I still end up doing it.