new, no friends added yet - missing the fun?

Options
Just started using MFP this week, and being a fairly private person, I didn't think I would use the community feature of the site, but I've been reading some posts and now I feel like I'm missing the fun! Seems like those of you with friends added are more motivated and outgoing - any advice for a newbie regarding adding friends?

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yup. Add some! :wink: Seriously, my MFP friends have been a HUGE support system for me. Find people you have goals in common with or that you can learn from or both. You'll be glad you did!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Best advice? Just start adding. :wink:
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    You can add me if you like.

P.S. I LOVE Kayaking! I'm looking into buying my first sit-on-top.
  • milowen
    milowen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new too. Seeing someone post 'where did you go?' to my profile got me right back onto the site again. It's helps me feel like someone cares and I don't want to let them down. I'd love some more friends to keep me motivated. I've never been successful at losing weight and haven't ever really exercised, so it's a super struggle for me every day. This site is a lot of inspiration and I really think it'll be the boost I need for a life change. Good luck on your journey!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think it helps to have friends to cheer you on and help pick you up when your down. Feel free to send me a friend request to get you started!
  • prestonsmama09
    Options
    i dont know any of my friends, minus one, personally. but the motivation we all can give each other is there weather you've been friends forever, or are complete stangers. dont be shy. i was too. everyone on here is here to support one another! feel free to add me if ya want. : )
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    I will add you! Oh yeah, anyone can add me if they like too :)
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Yes, you are missing something! When I first started MFP I was just like you. Didnt friend any of my fellow MFP'ers & its soooo much better if you do.

We all keep eachother accountable, motivated and SANE! :laugh:

Its especially good if your friends have a public diary so you can get some ideas for your daily menu!

Feel free to add me! Best of luck to you!
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    hey everyone and welcome to the site , you are now on the right track to a long heallthy life .. feel free to add me to your friends list if you want .. best wishes on your goals
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    ADD THEM! you don't have to share your diary or anything else you don't want to, but having the support system is fabulous. Don't do it alone if you don't have to!
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well if you would like. I have been here for two weeks and have just started adding friends. Looking at everyones pictures I feel much older at 54 but I feel we can all learn something from one another.. no matter what age. Also, encouragement and support is ageless. Rhonda
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you and a lot of you all who commented on this topic :)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have found that there is more support here, from others we dont know than those we do. I think this is a mixture of not wanting to be judged or critisized by those we know and some friends/family are not supportive due to they prefer some to fail than succeed.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Just add away and share in the daily laughs and dramas of your friend base.It can be motivating,educational,funny and definitely never ever dull,that I can promise you.

Good luck and best wishes going forward....:smile:
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Jumping in and adding - thanks for the replies!!! :happy:
  • locococo
    locococo Posts: 17
    Options
    Kayaking is awesome, so you must also be awesome.
    Adding :D
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Kayaking IS awesome, and all people who think kayaking is awesome are accordingly awesome. :glasses: Thanks for add!
  • hols_blue
    hols_blue Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I thought the same and felt a bit geeky doing it but really glad I did! I'm amazed how people i dont know can really help motivate you. Im eating less bread and drinking more water after advice from MFP friends! Feel free to add me and I'll help you along the way!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    LOVE kayaking - my daughter works at our local canoe/kayak club, my son races for this club and my husband and I enjoy open paddling. It's a wonderful family activity for us. Sent a friend request.
  • hayley_m
    hayley_m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i say add a few people to start with then see how they interact with their friends and see who gives good support!!! then keep adding!! you can still keep private but get all the support you need!!!