Having a "fat" day.... :(

Options
Hey Everyone!
I need some support today. I have been on my fitness kick since March 1st. I had been
feeling pretty good about myself, except for the past few days. I totally blew my diet
on Saturday, and ever since I feel so bloated and fed up. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical
today, did 200 crunches, and I still feel bloated and fat. I don't know what to expect or
how long it will take to see better results.... I just don't feel good about myself today.
Any words of wisdom???? Thanks so much!!

Replies

• Neen1977
    Neen1977 Posts: 22
    Options
    Well done for doing exercise x we all have the off day but its important to get back on the wagon asap I know round that special time of month I always feel more bloated
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough? I know that when I do not drink enough I get bloated, seems counterproductive to bloat when dehydrated.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Water, water, and more water. The days you splurge are the days in which sodium is increased and water is decreased. Flush the retention out by drinking double your water for 2-3 days after you have a weekend splurge.
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    Spend 15 minutes coaching others on MFP. Nothing creates internal motivation like giving external motivation. When you feel empty, try giving!
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Trying drinking lots of water to help flush out the junk. Everyone has bad days...just don't let them derail you. Hang in there!
  • nancypants1
    nancypants1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had same thing happen, and I addressed that by bicycling 90 minutes, drank all 8 glasses of water, and cut my caloric intake, and I dropped those pesky 2 pounds overnight. It was the high sodium in a soup that did me in. Good luck, and keep working at it. :)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    It's the Guilt and inability to forgive yourself that will keep you down and emotionally eating. Just keep STEADY! You ate outside of your plan for a few days...GUESS WHAT, you caught yourself and all is NOT lost, "This Too WILL Pass!" Just keep with the Plan and move forward...
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I felt the same way after this weekend. I cheated a bit for the Easter weekend, and gained two pounds! Plus, I "tried" to wear a tight fitting shirt which only succeeded in making me look so much chubier that I am!!! ARGHHH (i posted the pics on facebook anyway)....so, I went to the gym, worked out, and got back on track. I am trying to wear clothes that are comfortable, and not worry about the weight gain...it will come off, and everything will go back to "normal". I heard some good advice on here...if you dropped one egg, would you throw the whole carton on the floor? Of course not! Don't give up just because you had a lapse in your routine...Hang in there...we all have our FAT days! :)
  • Ballmom22
    Ballmom22 Posts: 27
    Options
    Don't know about words of wisdom but I can totally sympathize. I blew it this weekend and it has totally affected my mood. Even while I was blowing it I was a total B to my hubby. I knew I was going to hate myself for eating all the crap I did but I did it anyway
    I am not sure why I sabatoge myself. Needless to say I have had a few fat days but am determined to do better so I can feel better about my progress. You just have to get back on track and I guess try and remember how you feel at this moment to deter you from coming back to this place of gloom :) Good luck, I will try and take my own advise too
  • EDesq
    Options
    Spend 15 minutes coaching others on MFP. Nothing creates internal motivation like giving external motivation. When you feel empty, try giving!

WOW...You are da Man!
  • Bordenave
    Bordenave Posts: 13
    Options
    I have been on this weight loss program for 30 days and only lost 1 pound. Been under in calories eaten and met my goals or sometimes exceeded them in the exercise category. Don't know what my problem is. I am going to keep trying though. If you stop, you surely won't lose any pounds. For the bloating, try drinking lemonade. It is a great natural diuretic.
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Thank you!!! I have been drinking Lemonade Crystal Lite ALLL day, trying to flush
    out I guess. Even though I ate junk on Saturday, I still ate exactly around my calories
    allowed for the day. I feel like I have to exercise a TON in order to stay losing, even
    though I don't snack alot. I've never gone over calories, but I feel like a cow!! Ugh!!
    I'm not giving up, I'm just feeling discouraged!! I'm so glad I have people here to
    turn to!! <3
  • EDesq
    Options
    I have been on this weight loss program for 30 days and only lost 1 pound. Been under in calories eaten and met my goals or sometimes exceeded them in the exercise category. Don't know what my problem is. I am going to keep trying though. If you stop, you surely won't lose any pounds. For the bloating, try drinking lemonade. It is a great natural diuretic.

Keep going! Eat your allotted calories for the week and exercise. A lot of times it takes a while (4-6 weeks) for the body to adjust to eating STEADY and exercise.
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    You just single-handed stopped me in my tracks - the office candy bowl was calling (I was having a crappy work day, stupid people, etc.), and then I read your post. It just gets old sometimes -

when you feel empty, give - I love it!!!!!
  • carmenvo
    carmenvo Posts: 34
    Options
    I totally cheated during the Easter weekend as well, and I feel horrible! I drank about 3 liters of water yesterday, does it really help to compensate the weekend?

My belly looks huge. Two days can really sweep away all hard work.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and get back on track tommorrow, this is a journey for long term, one day now and again wont matter.
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options

totally agree with this
  • nancypants1
    nancypants1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think water is the key. If I am bloated it is because of too much sodium intake. Pay attention to that. Exercise is sooo important. I try to bicycle for one hour each day, otherwise I feel sluggish. Remember it took a lot of time to put the weight on, and it will take time to take it off. Water is needed to prevent constipation, and to help with fat metabolism. Good luck.