Pre / Post Workout Snacks

Options
What are some of your favourite pre and post workout snacks? I'm looking for some new healthy ideas...!

Replies

• greeneyedgirl
    Options
    What are some of your favourite pre and post workout snacks? I'm looking for some new healthy ideas...!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Post work out:

My Favorite Smoothie:

8 oz 1% milk

3 frozen strawberries

1 scoop EAS soy protein powder (vanilla flavor)

Blend all....it tastes GREAT... like strawberry cake and has 29 g of protein.

Other favs:

Fiber one Peanut Butter and Oat bar with a glass of milk
    Peanut Butter sandwich with a glass of milk

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Slice of Cheese!! After of course
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Smoothie:

8 oz 1% milk

3 frozen strawberries

I like this too, but I put in a few more strawberries and use wild strawberry flavored protein powder which makes it takes like a normal strawberry milkshake. Yum!
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    cheese and ham sandwich, almost a great mix of the right kinds of foods in proportion post workout.
  • bonski
    bonski Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to have the chocolate 100 % gold standard whey after a workout.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I like a piece of string cheese and an apple, with coconut water for rehydration :tongue: yummy
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Smoothie:

8 oz 1% milk

3 frozen strawberries

I like this too, but I put in a few more strawberries and use wild strawberry flavored protein powder which makes it takes like a normal strawberry milkshake. Yum!

What brand is the wild strawberry protein powder...is it soy? Sounds even more yummy!! :tongue:
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    pre- workout is whey Protein Isolate and I add 3g BCAA 5g creatine and 3g Beta-Alanine

Post workout whey Protein Isolate , then about 1/2 hour after lifting I eat 8oz of chicken or beef
    I have been trying to get down to 9% body fat, before I started out I was 200 and 21% body fat I'm now 191 and 16% body fat. it's been 3 weeks.
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i usually don't eat too much right after i work out, my stomach doesn't like it, so i usually eat a handful of frozen grapes
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    What brand is the wild strawberry protein powder...is it soy? Sounds even more yummy!! :tongue:

Whey Protein brand...? I got it from Vitamin World. :smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Before, I usually try to get some fruit and maybe an atkins bar about an hour before, and if I'm doing cardio, some water and some light carbs after. If it's resistance or a combination of weights and cardio, usually a hand full of almonds and a serving or two of cheese.

Remember the cardinal rule, carbs before you work out for energy, and protein after to rebuild the muscle!