is this a good idea?

Options
So as of easter I have come down with what I think is a cold due to michigans wonderful weather change. Im thinking that since I have met my goal of losing 5 lbs for April I am not going to exercise the remaining days of april and just focus on getting over my cold. I will still be staying in my calorie goal and drinking my 10 glasses of water i do now.

May 1st I will be back at it. I have done challenges the past 2 months to lose 5lbs each month and that has worked for me. This month I want to concentrate more on losing inches and toning. So I just ordered the Banish fat Boost metabolism dvd and it should be here soon

This is my plan for may. I will alternate between BFBM and No more trouble zones every other day. Thanks to school being over for the summer I will have more time. I am taking summer classes but not as intense as this past semester. So on tues wed and sun i want to do the C25K also. Does this seem do able should I do anything different? Just looking to get some insight,. Thanks.

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm always skeptical to say in advance "I'm going to take X days off" Just take it a day at a time. You may feel up to exercising sooner than you think!

I think it's fine to alternate your work-out videos, again though - listen to your body. Take a rest day when you need one and don't be afraid to pick up some heavier dumbbells and push yourself on days you feel great!

Congrats on meeting your 5 lbs/month milestones. That's great! Sounds like what you're doing must be working.
  • ELewisReed
    ELewisReed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Stephcorna, I think its a good idea like WifeMomDVM said to "Take it a day at a time." I've always heard, if your sickness is "above the belt" that you should go ahead and work out. I recently came down with a cold/sinus/allergy thing that left me feeling ick. I found that a little cardio really cleared my head. I like your idea of alternating in May. I would say try to do just a little everyday. This will not only help you to feel better, but will aid in digestion and circulation for overall health. Great work on your weight goal!! Keep up the good work!!