Am I hurting your feelings?

Options
MsQt
MsQt Posts: 793 Member
I've been on this site for about 70days and I keep good company only with ladies. I do this because I want to keep focus and I think that obviously women will have more insight as well as share the same types of issues that i'm only comfortable with telling women. So this brings me to my question; when men send me an invite and I hit the decline tab, do they see that I've declined them or do they just get no response back? Sometimes I'm nice enough to send them a mgs thanking them for the request and then explain my reason for it but I don't always feel like it. :noway:

Replies

• gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Im sure it bugs alot of guys , but for me either you wanna or you dont wanna be friends , what ever floats your boat i guess..lol.. im here to make friends and get in shape..lol
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    They don't get a refusal. But I might add that I do have a few men as friends and even though they don't have the exact same issues, but I have gained a lot of great knowledge from a few of my male friends. I personally have not had any issues w/ anyone being unappropriate or anything either. Wishing you the best!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone sees that you decline them. They just sit there waiting to see "[insert username] is now friends with [requested user]" and never see it... then cry. Probably.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I think this falls under, 'looking after #1'. I'm sure it might bother some, but they'll get over it in about 2.3 seconds flat. This site is for you to get what you need out of it, and if that's needing female support, I say don't worry about bothering any males feelings. Good luck to you and keep up the hard work.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I used to be kinda picky about who I accepted but nowadays I just accept everyone, if it ended up being a problem I would just delete them, but I have never even come close to needing too... I have alot of really awesome dude friends

but yeah, they dont get a "you suck and nobody wants to be your friend" notification..and most people add more than one person at a time so they might not even remember they messaged you..
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    Never see the decline.
    Probably don't care
    Life goes on.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I think they only get a message if you ACCEPT their friend request. I would also like to add that I have male friends on MFP that are just as supportive and share the same goals as my female friends.
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request which presumably you declined and I can't see a thing. Anyway, as DanOhh said, it's all about getting what you need out of this. I wouldn't worry too much about grown men's hurt feelings.
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I only have female friends here - just kinda chose to have it that way.

I would be annoyed if my husband used a site and had loads of random woman friends, so dont want to practice double standards lol.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Never see the decline.
    Probably don't care
    Life goes on.

Agree
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Doesn't hurt mine. Actually I rarely invite anyone. They mostly come to me. Still though you may be missing some opportunities for new ideas and different ways of thinking.

For instance, A man says I need to get rid of the gut. He drops the beer and in 2 weeks no gut.

A woman says, I have a pooch. Need to run to the store, grab vitamins, check my blood pressure, get an hrm, see the doctor, tell my neighbor, explore it with my co-workers, set up a strict regimen of meals. Now where was I?
  • milowen
    milowen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's great that you're looking out for yourself!
    Personally, while I can relate more to other women, I think having male friends will be motivating too. I admit, I have a little bit of a high school mentality and think it's flattering if guys are interested in chatting. I may be married, but I'd still like to work on looking like the kind of girl who can turn some heads. :wink:
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Doesn't hurt mine. Actually I rarely invite anyone. They mostly come to me. Still though you may be missing some opportunities for new ideas and different ways of thinking.

For instance, A man says I need to get rid of the gut. He drops the beer and in 2 weeks no gut.

A woman says, I have a pooch. Need to run to the store, grab vitamins, check my blood pressure, get an hrm, see the doctor, tell my neighbor, explore it with my co-workers, set up a strict regimen of meals. Now where was I?

Men do offer different aspects of working out..because their bodies are so different it doesnt have the same affect..BUT the few that I do have are very motivating..so you have to weed them out..Some are here for the exact same reason as you..If they tend to not comment or sign in frequently or update their info..I don't need them..You have to be driven and wants some what of the same lifestyle of healthy living as I to continue being my friend..Glad to be MFP Fam with you though hunnn..
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I think you are missing out. Some of my male MFP friends have been the most supportive and inspirational. I have learned things from them that I have not from women such as weight lifting advice. Look not one of the men I have encountered have been skivvy, not one. I love my women MFP friends and cherish them, but I do my male MFP friends as well. Rethink what you are doing, you just might learn alot from the guys and feel their wonderful support just like you do the women, I know I have.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Not to be crass but if you're declining them, then why care? I have quite a few male friends on mfp and I love them as much as the females. Although they can't relate on some levels, they can on all the ones that count. They support what I'm doing because we're in the same boat: health! And these men have women in their lives for the most part to tell them everything. My best friend is a guy and I give him the business! If and/or when they decide to cross the line, I'll delete them. But I won't prejudge them without getting to know them. That's just me!! Good luck to you.
  • MsQt
    Options
    Never see the decline.
    Probably don't care
    Life goes on.
    [/quote]

Agree
    [/quote]
    I'm glad some of you don't care but that not so for the many who re-invite me from time to time so that's why I wondered if they get the decline mgs. THANK YOU FOR YOU INPUT
  • MsQt
    Options
    Not to be crass but if you're declining them, then why care? I have quite a few male friends on mfp and I love them as much as the females. Although they can't relate on some levels, they can on all the ones that count. They support what I'm doing because we're in the same boat: health! And these men have women in their lives for the most part to tell them everything. My best friend is a guy and I give him the business! If and/or when they decide to cross the line, I'll delete them. But I won't prejudge them without getting to know them. That's just me!! Good luck to you.

No crass taken my dear! This is the way I do things on this site. It's for me. However, I care because that 's the type of person I am. I care about peoples feelings.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    They don't get a refusal. But I might add that I do have a few men as friends and even though they don't have the exact same issues, but I have gained a lot of great knowledge from a few of my male friends. I personally have not had any issues w/ anyone being unappropriate or anything either. Wishing you the best!

The same is true for me :)
  • FitToFab
    FitToFab Posts: 47
    Options
    Its not that serious...
  • MsQt
    Options
    Thank you everyone! You all are great listeners:happy: