Pepsi

Options
Hi, my name is Jamie and I am a pepsi-aholic.

Just had to get that out. Whew I feel better.

Seriously...so I really am coming off of 5 or more pepsi's a day. Is it OK to have maybe 1 can a couple times a week? As long as it counts as my calories???? Please tell me yes!

Replies

• chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options

Seriously...so I really am coming off of 5 or more pepsi's a day. Is it OK to have maybe 1 can a couple times a week? As long as it counts as my calories???? Please tell me yes!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

They are REALLY high in sugar. If you're gonna go with soda, I would try like heck to have something sugar free.
  • cnolovechild
    Options
    It's really funny because I'm a HUGE water fan.. I cut out sodas a couple of years ago but every now and then I absolutely crave a pepsi. I buy a 20 oz and then it ends up lasting me weeks lol cause as soon as I drink it...it doesn't sit well in my stomach. I don't know how I used to live drinking sodas all the time. :laugh:

Sodas are so bad for you for so many reasons......I know any addiction is hard to break but I would really limit my soda intake especially if you are trying to lose weight. The sugar and sodium are killers to your weightloss.
  • chubbymom
    Options
    :sad:

Thanks for replying Banks. I know you are a genius on here...so I have to go with what you say.
    Oh and my body responds to sodium like crazy...so you both have great points.....goodbye pepsi.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I did before, which has been the only way I have been able to stay on track with my new healthy lifestyle. I just count the calories, make sure I have all the food groups covered, keep my portions in control, and drink lots of water.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee Diet Cherry Pepsi....YUM! I do drink it, but the biggest problem happens when you replace healthy foods and water with Pepsi. It is like "Kool-aid" for adults, empty calories if it isn't diet.

I have noticed that when I don't drink sodas, my tummy is less puffy looking and feeling. My body is able to filter my foods better, and I have less sugar/chocolate cravings. Drinking less sodas have helped me feel less munchie and I think cutting back has been a big weight loss help overall!

:flowerforyou: Just my humble opinion... :wink:
  • 1StepataTime
    Options

Haha I'm one too! 1 can a couple times a week sure is better than 5 a day but I had to cut mine off completely for a while. It's because I'm seriously addicted lol. If I have one then it's over because I'll start craving more and I can't resist. So far I've gone a little over a week without one...this weekend is the test. Good luck to you!
  • chubbymom
    Options
    Thanks Princess. Just the bloating is enough for me to steer clear of it....
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    pepsi one....no calories
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have pepsi one, coke zero, or diet wild cherry is yummy, if I have to have a soda. The diet has 0 cals and is low in sodium, but dont forget the caffiene dehydrates you. I was told for every caffinated drink you have you need an extra cup of water that day along with your normal amount/
  • chubbymom
    Options
    Sculley- Does it taste pretty close?
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The diet Code Red (Mountain Dew, I think) and diet Dr Pepper aren't too bad. It has been ages since I have had real soda-I don't like diet soda and now the real stuff is way too sugary for me!
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    It's really funny because I'm a HUGE water fan.. I cut out sodas a couple of years ago but every now and then I absolutely crave a pepsi. I buy a 20 oz and then it ends up lasting me weeks lol cause as soon as I drink it...it doesn't sit well in my stomach. I don't know how I used to live drinking sodas all the time. :laugh:

Sodas are so bad for you for so many reasons......I know any addiction is hard to break but I would really limit my soda intake especially if you are trying to lose weight. The sugar and sodium are killers to your weightloss.

I used to drink at least one a day and since I've been logging my food I am ecstatic to see how much sodium I have cut out. For someone with high blood pressure, this is a significant achievement. Hang in there. I HATE WATER - but since I went to Iraq I learn to drink it and when I get disgusted with it I add some Crystal Light. Try it:happy:
  • fit_amy
    fit_amy Posts: 41
    Options
    I'd rather ingest regular ol sugar any day rather than use a chemical replacement. There are many resources that mention the studies and warnings of artificial sweeteners. Here's one that gives an overview of all the chemical sweeteners: http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-sweeteners.html

Maybe limit your Pepsi habit to 1 a day for one week, then 1 every other day the next week, and then maybe 2 a week, and so on. This way you'd avoid the horrible caffeine withdrawl headache, and your body and behaviors could adjust gradually, which might be more effective for you in the long run. Also, maybe try a natural soda that actually contains REAL sugar, not the high fructose corn syrup that's in so many beverages (who am i kidding, high fructose corn syrup is in EVERYTHING! baahh!) :huh:

*Sometimes* when I get a soda craving, I use a fresh lime and cold can of soda water. It's nice b/c you get the carbonation along with a zesty fresh taste and *sometimes* it takes care of the craving! :drinker:

good luck!!
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    "I used to drink at least one a day and since I've been logging my food I am ecstatic to see how much sodium I have cut out. For someone with high blood pressure, this is a significant achievement. Hang in there. I HATE WATER - but since I went to Iraq I learn to drink it and when I get disgusted with it I add some Crystal Light. Try ithappy "

Lady hawk-

Have you tried the new crystal light they just came out with it is raspberry green tea with antioxidants flavored so frigan good, and btw thanks and much respect to you for your service to our country.:flowerforyou: