weighing in....

Options
lkm28
lkm28 Posts: 17 Member
Hello all! So I am wondering how often you should really weigh yourself? I've heard to do it everyday and I've heard to only do it once a week. Just wondering the correct answer/ people opinions? I do it everyday out of habit, but I find it frustrating because it's always changing day to day (I'm assuming water weight). Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    I have heard both ways also, weekly and daily, I got upset this morning when I see there is no change on the scale when I know I have worked super hard at watching what i eat, exercised and log everything. I am going to try not to do it daily. It can get depressing if the scale isn't moving as fast as we want.
  • BatCola
    BatCola Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The advice I got was in the morning 1x a week.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Do it often as you feel comfortable. I personally log my weight once a week but weigh myself daily....all depends on your preference. Some weigh weekly, biweekly, monthly......
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Ive been weighing everyday. I feel your pain with the fluctuating weight. It is very frustrating. I can't help it though. I've got to know. I only going to record my weight on Monday's though.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    Theres no right answer, i weigh almost daily, and like to see the changes in my body, but i can accept it if my weight goes up, or stays still, if you need to see results to keep you motivated, once a week may be best, if getting on the scale depresses you then once fortnightly may be your option, whatever you feel best with and motivates you is the best option, good luck x
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Options
    I "officially" weigh into here once a week. I do still weigh myself everyday though. That's more to make sure it's not going up and staying up for more than a day or two if I allow myself to have a treat or two.
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    I would do what helps you. If weighing everyday discourages you - I can relate - then try not to do it daily. We are creatures of habit and we see the scale and we want to check it out.

Most importantly though to get a realistic record pick a day and time once a week where you weigh yourself and log it into myfitnesspal. Be fair to yourself and get a "I am weighing myself" outfit that you will wear everytime. If you have water, breakfast, etc. prior to weighing yourself be consistent in that. If you have your first morning weight that you want to record do it then. Just be consistent and that way you will really see what you have lost. Trying to take out the excuses - heavier jeans, later in the day than normal, etc., etc., to justify whatever the scale says. Good luck!