birthday fun

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
I've decided to take my birthday off from work next week since I haven't done that in several years. I'm looking forward to sleeping in and just not being at work, but other than that I'm a little lost. My husband and everyone I know will be working. I do plan on getting in a great work out so I can enjoy my birthday dinner, and maybe do a little shopping since I still have gift cards from christmas. What would YOU do on your birthday if you were off with no one to spend it with?

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Definitely shop or go to a spa if it was in the budget.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Shop Shop Shop! and maybe read a book.......
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I take my birthday off every year. Last year I got a massage and facial.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Shop! Or stay home and relax and give myself a mani/pedi while watching chick flicks :-D
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    For my last birthday, I left the state, spent a week with a gal friend of many years. We hung out, partied, dined out and shopped. No hubby, no work - it was awesome.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your budget is but after a good workout, get a massage, pedi and mani. RELAX!!!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Shop! Or stay home and relax and give myself a mani/pedi while watching chick flicks :-D

Same here! Enjoy your day! I think I'll do the same for my birthday :)
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    A mani/pedi would be nice but I just got one this past weekend, lol. But work out, grab some lunch, shop and watch a favorite chick flick sounds great. I often have trouble relaxing and doing nothing because there is always something I should be doing, but I definitely think I can give myself the green light to relax and do nothing on my birthday.
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    go see a movie at the theater that your hubby or friends wouldn't want to see with you

I've somewhat conquered eating alone, but I'm not sure I would feel comfortable going to a movie by myself.

And I hate to brag, but my husband will actually go to any movie with me, yes even the Sex and the City movies and Twilight!:laugh: