Timex T5H911 HRM- Anyone have one? Thoughts?

Options
I have it on good authority that my husband is getting me a Timex T5H911 for my birthday (Thursday)... I've started reading some reviews and a LOT of people have found that Timex HRM's overestimate calories burned and I'm super nervious about that, since that's the main reason I wanted it. I was originally looking at a Polar FT4, but I think he found the Timex T5H911 for like $66 on Amazon when its usually around $100.

Any input you can give, especially if you actually have this specific HRM, would be greatly appreciated. I'm doing P90X and am sick of guessing my daily burn. :smile:

Replies

• stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex model that is a version just below this model. I absolutely love it and will never exercise without one again! The estimates on here were way low for me, so it made me feel WAY more confident after exercising to know I was burning more calories than estimated! Have fun with it and happy early birthday! :)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have one too and I FEEL like the cals burned are awfully high. But then again, how would any of us really know? No part of my brain registers 'oh, 1 calorie burned'. I have no idea how any of us would know how accurate they are.
    And the estimates on here, and on exercise equipment, don't really factor in how hard you are working or what you are doing very much.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    I do have a Timex but it isn't the one you listed. I'm not sure how people know if the calorie burn reading is high but it seems pretty accurate to me. I am in "maintain" mode and always eat all of my calories plus my exercise calories and haven't gained any weight. Hope that helps!