A newbie who can't lose!

Options
Hello world, I am a newbie who can not lose. Litterally. :cry:

I just finished chemo a few months ago and I am eager to lose the weight I gained during treatment as well as the weight I already had before all that!

However, sadly, my metabolism is out of wack from all the drugs and it's looking like it may take some time for it to get back on track. Could happen tomorrow (I wish!) or it could take another 6 months or so. This is extremely frustrating, but I am happy to be healthy at this point. Plus while dieting hasn't shown any weight loss for me yet, I have also stopped GAINING, which is always a plus! I have also noted that I am far less sluggish. (Still low on energy most days, but with two toddlers at home and one not a very good sleeper, that is my life! LOL!)

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. :smile:

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welcome i wish you nothing but the best on your road to recovery.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It will all get better day by day... just stick with it and let your friends on MFP help you over the bumps! Good to have you!! :drinker:
  • destiny637
    Options
    Welcome! There is so much love and support on this site. :)
  • Vandy50
    Vandy50 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey how are you?

Glad to hear that your treatment is over. I know you must be exhausted especially with little ones that don't sleep (been there 4 times) but thankfully they are all over the age of 9 now. Hopefully your metabolism will come back asap but even if it doesn't you must keep up the good habits. Walk with the children in the stroller and try and be brisk also really watch your portion sizes and try to have real low cal treats (yogurt/jello low cal pud) increase the fibre/veg and drink lots of water - guaranteed you will stop feeling so sluggish. Take care.
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am just getting to know the site, but already starting to feel 'at home'! :happy:

Vandy~ I am doing really good, thank you for asking! I appreciate all the very good advice! I am starting to walk more with the kids, would LOVE to walk more if the weather would cooperate. Just seems like winter does not want to let go this year. (Forcast for tonight is predicting snow, SNOW in April!) However a key thing I need to do is build up my endurance which pretty much hit the floor during treatments but is slowly coming back.