Small but Huge NSV - Avoided the coke!

Options
JPayne53
JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
Okay.. this may not seem like the most exciting victory to some, but for a recovering coke-aholic.. this was HUGE!! I was sitting at my desk, my food diary completed and it looked great, under my calories, under my SODIUM!! and way under my sugar... so I thought to myself (just for the slightest moment) I should get a coke to reward myself... I turned to my desk drawer dug out the fire roasted almonds popped a few in my mouth and headed to the fridge.. guess what I came back with... a mineral water!!!! Yipee, I didn't even have to think twice it was automatic!! No coke.. small victory.. :bigsmile:

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    great job!!! I gave up pop when I was 16. It was definitely hard, but now I would take water over ANYTHING any day. I'm so happy for you!
  • Lucky79z28
    Options
    I know just what you mean! It has been about 3 months since I have had one and I still think about it! But have remand stronge!
    Keep up the good work!
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    As a fellow former coke-aholic, YAhooooo so happy for you!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can understand how huge of a deal that is. I was a Diet Coke addict (like 6 or sometimes more per day), but all I drink now is just plain water. The last time I had a Diet Coke was a few weeks ago and it didn't even taste that great to me. I couldn't believe it!

Way to go!!!
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    I am married to a coke aholic, so I understand the pull caffeine can have. You have an awesome NSV.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I wish i had your will power I am a pepsi max aholic while it is 0 cals and therefore ok for this type of healthy eating plan I know it still isn't good for me but i have managed to go from 4-5 cans to 1-2 cans a day I don't think i could completely give it up x
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Well done!! :smile:
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    Amazing! I'm a diet-coke-aholic... so I can relate! I can't get rid of the pop completely, so I try to limit it to 1 a week, so you're doing AMAZING :)
  • celesteadams1119
    celesteadams1119 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great choice.. I had given up diet coke for a solid two months. Then, one day, I just decided to have ONE. That one turned into a full blown addiction again. Le sigh....
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Im a diet cherry pepsi gal...Im not even going to try to give it up....lol It's my alcohol,my chocolate,my happiness.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know how hard that is- I had to do a 5 day raw food only detox to sever my ties with diet soda. It's tough.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!