Los Angeles Traffic

monicaP413
monicaP413 Posts: 165
edited September 26 in Chit-Chat
Ok, this is not fun and games, and has nothing to do with MFP, but I don't know how to find this out. I am headed to Santa Barbara from Las Vegas on Friday. I have to go on the 210, the 134 and the 101. I asked on FB, but everyone who answered me just said 'terrible!' and not one of them live there. I know it's terrible on a Friday, that's all I hear, but if I get there before 1pm or 2pm, do you think I will miss the majority of the traffic?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    It's impossible to miss the traffic in LA at any time LOL. If you go that early, it will be better than say 3pm on, but you're still going to get a TON of traffic!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Oh you'll be fine. It's the 101 that can be a bit of a b!tch almost 24/7...but it's rarely THAT bad in the 1-2 pm range (by L.A. standards, anyhow).
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    You will miss most of the traffic if you go at that time and you will not be going thru the heavy traffic anyway
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Well just be glad you aren't heading to Vegas on a Friday thats the pits..but I agree with Angela..Traffic is Traffic here in LA But Def. avoid any freeway before 3pm..And once you get passed the valley you shouldnt hit much..
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    You always get traffic in LA I am from there no matter what time of the day and Fridays are really bad anywhere. I would just leave with enough time and expect the worst.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    you might hit some traffic around Burbank but after that it should be smooth sailing
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    I hate to bring the pessimistic news, but I lived in L.A. for about 3 years and my experience was all day Friday is rush hour, lol. Agreed with others though on getting out of the valley, it'll be much better.
  • monicaP413
    THANK YOU for actually answering me!! I was getting so frustrated that everyone just said "terrible". I used to drive the 405 and there are times it's not so bad! Even on a Friday!!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Provided you are trying to make that route at 7-9 am, you should be alright. Like the previous post said, you might hit some traffic in the Pasadena and/or Burbank areas.

Check out Sigalert.com for a realtime color coded traffic map.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    A word of advice: Stay to the LEFT lanes once you get into Pasadena. That'll make your drive MUCH easier.
    (I drive this route almost daily)
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    I drive these freeways every day. you'll be fine around that time. any later than 2pm and you will hit traffic.

here are some alt routes JUST IN CASE!!!

from vegas? you can also take the 10. if you start to hit traffic on the 210 take the 57 south to the 10. you can catch the 101 directly from the ten and cut out the 605/210 interchange traffic issues as well as the 134/2/5 debacle. these are all highways in the area. so you can take the 210 west to the 57 south to the 10 west to the 101 north. the 10/110 interchange sucks no matter what and you will have to pass it this way. the 5/110 interchange sucks as well but you'll miss it if you take your normal route.

just in case there is a horrendous accident on the 210 you can take the 15 south to the 10 west and its a straight shot into LA which you can pick up the 101. just remember right after you pass the 710 interchange there will be a confusing santa monica freeway/101 interchange. look for it.

i really hope this helps. i hit this stuff all the time and honestly traffic isn't as bad. you might hit bouts of bumper to bumper but its not a parking lot the way it was a few years ago.

have a great trip! :D
  • monicaP413
    Thanks Bobbi!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    You'll be fine. As long as you get through L.A. before 3. You might hit a traffic jam, but it won't be terrible overall by any means.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Thanks Bobbi!!

no problem! hope it wasn't too confusing! LOL used to make the drive from Victorville to santa barbara all the time. if you need a backroute there is one through the desert :D let me know i can give you one of those too :)
This discussion has been closed.