Need some new friends

Options
I had started my MFP 10 months ago right after my son was born.. Since i have lost and gained and went on several...'diets' I have now gained back 5 lbs at my highest weight in my life and I hate it. I have no motivation to clean the house most days let alone exercise. But I hate how i look and who i am so i need to change! The husband started talking about having another baby and that scares me at this weight.. looking for some major support for this stay at home mommy of 2!

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son. This is a great site and I wanted to wish you the best of luck on this journey.

Take care
    Martin
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    oh hun, I will keep you motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    There's great support here! Just consider it your "job" to be here, your duties are to keep track, post any questions or concerns, read posts, make friends and just enjoy.
  • abw153
    abw153 Posts: 3
    Options
    Kristin,

First, congratulations on the baby. you are in for a wonderful time watching the little one turn develop a personality and all the milestones of growth. It's really awesome.

On weight loss, I was right there with you. I managed to keep to about 180 pounds for years (I'm 45) but in the last two years I gained 18 pounds. I refuse to go past 200 so I knew something had to happen. Diets alone for me really don't do it - once i hit the goal the diet ends and the ccle continues. So I knew I needed to ramp up exercise too, actually exercise with your current diet will probably result in a pound or 2 per week weight loss (it has for me). I ordered that p90x video exercise plan. it's a bear and a pretty big time commitment, but it works! I'm down 9 pounds in 30 days, and i look and feel so much better already. It is a 90 day workout cycle, but i do not plan on just stopping at the end (although I do plan on scaling back the intensity). I really recommend trying something like it. There is a great support community attached to it also.

Good luck!
  • rinitafitz
    Options
    I understand what you are talking about. I'm a working single mother of 4 (have a set of twins). Had anotgher baby 2 years after the twins. I was feeling the same way. BUT, I became determing to lost weight because I was tired of always being tired. I started om MFP at the end of February, and have lost 9 lbs thus far. I use MFP to keep me mindfull of how much caleries I take in. I just walk atleast (15-30 minute) twice a week and take B-12 vitamins daily. If I'm doing it, I know you can too.